21 octombrie 2009 14:53First off, I know there are at least two related threads.
However, these threads did not help, so I'm posting a fresh thread in hope of fresh ideas.
I have created my response groups appropriately as Microsoft suggests. They do their job in that they receive and route calls to the appropriate agents. That side of things is good. It's just the Tab.aspx page that's having problems. Currently I have two active response groups that I am a member of. If I set both response groups to Informal participation (agents do not log in), then the groups show up on Tab.aspx. If I set either or both of the groups to Formal participations (agents log in) then I get the error "This service is temporarily unavailable."
Just now I changed both groups to Formal participation and then restarted the Office Communications Server Response Group service on our front-end server (OCS 2007 R2 Standard), and they appear okay. However, I worry that they sooner or later I'll see the error message again.
Does anybody know why the Agent Groups (Tab.aspx) page doesn't consistently list all groups? Is it only after group changes are made? And if so, why do the groups show up fine when they're all set to Informal participation? Does the Response Group service need to be restarted after any group changes are made?
23 octombrie 2009 14:28I've noticed that changes can take a few minutes to take effect and if in a hurry restarting the RGS does the trick however I haven't seen the behaviour you are describing. I can force this behaviour by restarting the RGS but the MOC client always recovers once the service is back up and running. Also once in Informal mode the proper behaviour on the MOC client is that you should see the tab but won't be able to log off the group - it will appear but the check boxes are greyed out showing you logged on to the groups you have been assigned to.
All I can suggest is to make sure all the best practices are followed. Rui Silva has a great post on RGS here.. http://blogs.technet.com/ucspotting/archive/2009/05/14/3241224.aspx
I've seen the tabs not show up at all if the site the are published on are not trusted. As well, if you are accessing the site remotely as well as internally you *MUST* have the following lines in the Tab.XML file
- Propus ca răspuns de Gavin-ZhangModerator 28 octombrie 2009 09:44
28 octombrie 2009 09:54ModeratorHi
Agree with Dino.
That is, the issue you describled is normal. When you change the group from informal into formal, it will need a period time to sync.
If you change the settings about it RGS,and you'd better to restart the RGS.
Any update for your issue.
28 octombrie 2009 17:50The error message is not temporary. It will remain for days at a time. Regardless, I think that restarting the Response Group service was my fix here.
- Marcat ca răspuns de Kenneth Carlson 28 octombrie 2009 17:50