none
bare metal deployment problem/compute node fails to join domain

Întrebare

• Im trying to deploy compute nodes from bare metal, installation of Windows wents out fine and after the first startup the ExecutionClient.exe runs into problems; On the screen I see:

netdom join localhost /DomainD:fdy.maschinenbau.tu-darmstadt.de /UserD:******* /PasswordD:*******

The syntax of this command is:

NETDOM [ ADD | COMPUTERNAME | HELP | JOIN | MOVE | QUERY | REMOVE |
      MOVENT4BDC | RENAMECOMPUTER | RESET | TRUST | VERIFY | RESETPWD ]

(maybe this listing is not 100% exact because i was not able to do a screenshot, so i've copied it with handwriting)

The ExecutionClient.exe tries that maybe 20 times, and after failing the node wents into "Provisioning Failed"-state in the HPC cluster manager. I've testet NAT which seems to  be ok., also DHCP and DNS seem to work for the comute node. I can add compute nodes manually to the domain with no problem, so maybe I would be able to delpoy my nodes manually by installing HPC pack, but finally that's not the way that it should be.

(I'm using network topology 1, head node with two network cards and compute nodes isolated on private network.)

Maybe anyone out there knows what do do, I would be glad;

thanks,

Florian Kummer

PS.: I allready did one test-installation and everything went fine, i and i didn't think I id somethind subtantially different, so I'm really surpised by this problem.

• Editat de fkummer 2 august 2008 22:43 additional info
    2 august 2008 22:37

Răspunsuri