Unable to respond to, or initiate IM sessions

Întrebare

• OCS R2, latest client and close to 700 users.  I have a single user who is having this weird problem.  He is unable to open a chat window, or reply to a chat.

So if he double clicks on a contact, or right clicks on a contact and selects 'Send an Instant Message" or video call, or whatever... nothing happens.   The window just won't appear.

Also, I can IM him, and he sees the little popup down by the click that I sent a message, but when he clicks on it, same deal.. no window will ever appear.   I've obviously uninstalled the reinstalled the client.  He can log into another machine and OCS works just fine for him.   If I log into his machine, same problem.  Can not call/im or receive.

It's almost like something on the OS is messed up.. Anybody seen this before?
    16 septembrie 2009 18:32

Toate mesajele

• I've done quite a few OCS deployments in the past few years and I haven't run into this issue, until this week.  I'm having the same problem and your post is the first thing I could find about it.  I'll keep searching for a solution and if I find it, I'll post it here.

I do suspect that there is some sort of configuration issue on the systems.  I have deployed to 3 of the customer's systems that were not created from the standard image that they deploy to desktops, and those 3 work as expected, but several other PCs built from the customer standard image have the problem you have described.

Joseph M. Durnal

• Editat de Joseph M Durnal 17 septembrie 2009 14:45 Added additional information
    17 septembrie 2009 14:31
  • I'm back to working on this.  I still haven't found any similar issues online and I'm not able to recreate it outside of the customer's environment.

Joseph M. Durnal

22 septembrie 2009 16:29
  • To me it sounds like you are chasing a corrupted OS or install.  At this point I would just look at reimaging the workstation as it's clearly an isolated incident.
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    22 septembrie 2009 16:48
  • Yay!  I got it to work!  Well, on one so far, but I'm pretty excited!

Had to install Microsoft XML Parser 3.0 SP7

See the following link: written today:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/scottos/archive/2009/09/25/communicator-2007-r2-fails-to-open-new-window-when-double-clicking-a-contact.aspx

Joseph M. Durnal
    25 septembrie 2009 15:45