4 iunie 2011 16:02So who's gone from Vail to WHS 2011? Did you do clean install from scratch including redoing your backup files? I plan on doing fresh install, just wondering if the OEM will recognize my backups. No big deal, was prepared to start over.
- Tip modificat Jonas Svensson -FST-Microsoft Employee, Owner 10 iunie 2011 17:07
4 iunie 2011 19:10I started over, did a clean installation of WHS 2011, connected all the PC's (8 in my case mixture of WinXP and Win7 both 32bit and 64bit), they all connected and backed up Then I moved my DATA. Took a long while but so far no issues at all.
4 iunie 2011 19:31
This is how I did it:
- In Vail, moved all shared folders to my main 2TB data drive
- Shut down Vail and removed connections to 2TB drive and did a fresh WHS2011 install on the 500GB boot disk on which Server Folders were created.
- Shut down server and reconnect 2TB drive. Booted and renamed all Server Folders on 2TB drive as NameOld (e.g. MusicOld)
- Ran the Move Folder wizard from the Dashboard to move Shared folders from D: to E: (2TB drive).
- Logged in locally and moved files from MusicOld to Music (both on same 2TB disk) and deleted the NameOld folders.
This worked for all my data and took no time at all as there was no copying from disk to disk. I could not get the old client backups to work so deleted them all and started again.
5 iunie 2011 20:36I made the move, but bought new hardware. I built the WHS 2011 from scratch, used the wizard to move all of my shared folders from the 250G system disc to my 2TB data disk (E). Then just copied the data from the old whs across the gig-E ethernet. I did not attempt to keep any old backup data. Let the backups run a few days before I deleted the old computer and users from the WHS v1.