none
Project Server 2010 Team Assignment?

Вопрос

• In order to use team assignments in Project server 2010, following are the configuration i did:

1. created lookup table with the relevant team names

2. associated the lookup table with the resource type Team name enterprise field

3. edit the 2 existing enterprise resources, and select the team for them.

4. created the work generic resource, associated him with the same team name, and marked the team assignment pool for that generic resource.

created project, created task, add that work generic resource in to the project, and created the assignment using the same same resource. published the project, nothing happend!

none of the membr of the team has recieved any assignment notification, neither the task appeard in their My task page.

after a lenghty research, i have found that generic resource do not have default assignmet owner field. even though it do not make any sense to me, i have removed the generic resource, and marked team assignmnent pool check box of one the other resource. nothing happend again !

i also cant see the, SELF ASSIGN TEAM TASK, in My tasks option of the Project server 2010. could someone please help me with this. i can find any help related to team assignment over the net. the blogs i can find are atelast of 2-3 yrs old, and all for the PS 2007;

please help, its urgent.

4 июля 2010 г. 12:06

Ответы

• All are absolutely fine. Except the below step

In my task, Insert Row and "Insert Team Tasks" in the correct option

Cheers. Happy troubleshooting !!! Sriram E - MSFT Enterprise Project Management
    • Помечено в качестве ответа Khurram Jamshed 7 июля 2010 г. 5:51
    Модератор

Все ответы

• All are absolutely fine. Except the below step

In my task, Insert Row and "Insert Team Tasks" in the correct option

Cheers. Happy troubleshooting !!! Sriram E - MSFT Enterprise Project Management
    • Помечено в качестве ответа Khurram Jamshed 7 июля 2010 г. 5:51
    Модератор
  • Dear Sriram,

thx for your response.but nothing is appearing if i am trying to do what you have asked, even though i have already tried that. if i go to Insert Row->Insert team task, the page is empty.

can you please also explain the process of the team task assignment?

• Hi,

I have just answered your question at "Project Server - Setup, Upgrade, Administration and Operation". Not aware of that Sriram has already answered here.

One idea: check the booking type of your team resource. You will not see your team assignments if it is set to 'Proposed'.

Does that help?
    Regards
    Barbara

Модератор
  • thx Sriram and Barbara for your help. i have followed the same steps again, and its working now.

Please verify this to me, in a Project Plan we have to add all the team members as a resource, only then those resources will able to assign themselves to this team task?

which means, when i assign a task to the team resource, it does appear for the team members in their My Task->insert rom->insert team task - but they have to be in the project plan in order to be part of the assignment, rite ?

• Hi,

your observation is correct. Currently a user has to be a member of the project team AND member of the team to be able to use self-assign to a team task. In my opinion this doesn't make sense. If someone is already member of the project team, he could also use Insert Row- Add yourself to a task. Moreover it would require a project manager to have his team members for a project in sync with any modifications in resource teams. See another discussion regarding that at http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/projectserver2010general/thread/13b98eda-a6af-4e4a-a94e-ee4adddd0df5.

Regards
    Barbara

7 июля 2010 г. 11:13
    Модератор
  • Hi,

agreed with you Barbara, this doesnt make any sense. cant see the use of team assignment if the Project Manager has to add each and every team members to the project plan. also the no notifications send to the team members in case of team assignment is strange. how can the team members be aware about any team assignment if they suppose to self assign. the option of self-assign to the team task (My task->insert row->insert team task) is not really visible, and in the absenece of any alert through email, i am afraid if any team member can find the team task.

10 июля 2010 г. 6:23
  • Hi,

good news! Yesterday Brian wrote:
    I did come across a bug we have in 2010 where you need to be added to the project as a resource before you can self assign, otherwise you get an error: "One or more of the specified tasks could not be re-assigned.  This can happen if the proposed resource to be assigned has an assignment on the given task or the specified assignment is deleted or rejected."  We are aiming to fix this in an up-coming CU or Service Pack. (http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/projserv2010setup/thread/8f1b5ec6-7dc9-4093-9f8d-9dda1752fc93)

Regards
    Barbara

12 августа 2010 г. 5:38
    Модератор
  • does anyone know if this has ever been fixed? 
    17 июня 2011 г. 15:07