none
Upgrade Failed

Вопрос

• Hi All,

Windows Anytime Upgrade was not successful. ... The upgrade was not successful. Please try the upgrade again". The first time I ran the tool it asked for the serial key, and each time after that it just "knew" the key and kept trying to upgrade, but it was not able to. Btw I was trying to upgrade from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows Ultimate

Thank you

• Перемещено Carey FrischMVP, Moderator 14 июля 2011 г. 4:35 Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Genuine Advantage Offers - Eligibility Issues Forum)
    14 июля 2011 г. 4:28

Ответы

• Hi,

Finally I have upgraded Windows 7 Home premium to Windows Ultimate... :)

I called up microsoft to assist my upgradation.

1. Windows 7 Home Premium must be updated with Service Pack 1 to use Windows Anytime Upgrade.

2. After that Microsoft did some troubleshooting steps from their side to upgrade the Windows.

Thanks

Siva

Siva
    • Помечено в качестве ответа Siva.nid 15 июля 2011 г. 5:30
    15 июля 2011 г. 4:02

Все ответы

• Windows 7 Anytime Upgrade fails

1) Restart the computer to complete pending operations, if any.

2) View the following log files. The log entries may give you a clue as to why the Anytime Upgrade failed.

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Anytime Upgrade\upgrade.log

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Anytime Upgrade\upgrade_dism.log

%systemroot%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log file

%systemroot%\Logs\CBS\CBS.persist.log file

3) Run Chkdsk and see if it helps.

4. Run Memory Diagnostics to check for issues with the system hardware. Type Memory in start search and hit Enter to open Open Memory Diagnostics Tool. Click Restart Now and Check Problems. Your computer will restart  & the diagnostic program will start. Please note any reported errors.

5) Also run the System Readyness tool - Method #2 (Download and run the tool: "Checksur.exe")
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821
    (System resources, such as file data, registry data, and even in-memory data, can develop inconsistencies during the lifetime of the operating system. The System Update Readiness Tool tries to resolve these inconsistencies.)

6) If your key is invalid and you need to change the keys you may have to open regedit and deleting the ProductKey value in the following registry key first:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsAnytimeUpgrade

7) If Anytime Upgrade still fails, disable User Account Control (credit Andre Da Costa)
    1. Go to User Accounts in Control Panel
    2. Change User Account Control Settings
    3. Pull the Slider down to lowest level possible
    4. Reboot the PC
    5. Go through the "Anytime Upgrade" as normal

----------------  Anytime Upgrade may not work for all version of Windows  ---------------------

Note: Retail "Full" or "Upgrade" product keys will work when using the Anytime Upgrade feature.
    The Anytime Upgrade "May"  not work (check with the computer manufacture's support team) for users who have OEM and or System Builders product Keys, this also applies to VL (Volume License), MSDNAA or Academic product Keys it will not work with Anytime Upgrade. KMS users should consult with your administrator prior to attempting to perform an Anytime Upgrade.

============================ Also try Phone Activation =============================

How to activate Windows 7 or Vista manually (activate by phone)
    1) Click Start, and in the Search box type:   slui.exe  4
    2) Next press the 'ENTER' key
    3) Select your 'Country' from the list.
    4) Choose the 'Phone Activation' option.
    5) Stay on the phone (do not select/press any options) and wait for a person to help you with activation.
    6) Explain your problem clearly to the support person.
    7) The support person should give you a confirmation ID, copy it down on paper,
    8) Verify the ID is correct by reading back to the support person.
    9) Enter the ID number and click 'Next' to finish the activation process.

----------------------------  Alternatives -------------------------------------

Microsoft Activation Centers Worldwide Telephone Numbers:
    http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/existing-customers/activation-centers.aspx
    (This site is for Volume License Activation but if you call they will help you)

The phone number you called does not work:
    Microsoft Wordwide contacts: http://www.microsoft.com/worldwide/default.aspx

Activation and registration of a Microsoft product
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=326851
    Windows activation: (888) 571-2048

J W Stuart: http://www.pagestart.com

Never be afraid to ask. This forum has some of the best people in the world available to help.
    14 июля 2011 г. 11:11
  • Hi,

Finally I have upgraded Windows 7 Home premium to Windows Ultimate... :)

I called up microsoft to assist my upgradation.

1. Windows 7 Home Premium must be updated with Service Pack 1 to use Windows Anytime Upgrade.

2. After that Microsoft did some troubleshooting steps from their side to upgrade the Windows.

Thanks

Siva

Siva
    • Помечено в качестве ответа Siva.nid 15 июля 2011 г. 5:30
    15 июля 2011 г. 4:02