LCSAddContacts.wsf does not populate any contact list

Вопрос

• After trying both the LCS 2005 version and the OCS 2007 version, contact lists are still not being automatically populated using the script.  I have executed SQL Traces while logging into Communicator 2007 and the database appears to be returning the contact list, but nothing ever shows up in UI.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

Mike

18 мая 2007 г. 14:48

Ответы

• I am not sure where to go from here. Are you able to upgrade to the RC?

27 июля 2007 г. 16:46

Все ответы

• Please make sure you specify the "/contactsgroup" option while running the script. If a group is not specifed the contacts will not show up in communicator.

Thanks,
    Salman
    30 мая 2007 г. 0:30
  • Hi Salman,

Thank you for your response.

I tried specifying the All Contacts group, but no change was detected.  Are you saying that a specific/custom group must be created and that name used in order for the names to show up under All Contacts?  If not, then any idea as to why /contactgroup "All Contacts" would not work?

Many thanks,

Mike

30 мая 2007 г. 12:25
  • Have you made sure you ran the ace script to add the domain permission "allow list" in the UI?

Also make sure you run the script on the server itself

regards

Adrian
    31 мая 2007 г. 13:25
  • Oddly, we just ran the LCSAddACEs.wsf script, then reran the lcsaddcontacts.wsf script with a group defined, this time no quotes and no spaces in the name, it quit after processing 2 contacts for the first user in the list.

any thoughts as to what would stop the script from executing (it is being executed on OCS 2007 server)

Thanks,

Mike

31 мая 2007 г. 15:03
  • Hi OCDMike,

Have you been able to find a resolution to your issue with LCSAddContacts.wsf? Can you share any successes or configuration changes?

27 июня 2007 г. 19:43
  • Did you see this thread:

http://forums.microsoft.com/Ocs2007publicbeta/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1496322&SiteID=57

This was Salman's suggestions:

Here are some general guidelines as mentioned in the readme for the script. Once the script has been run, you can use Wbemtest to see if the contacts were populated correctly.

Q: How do I confirm whether the contacts have been added?

A: Run Wbemtest.exe. Connect to root\CIMv2, and then click Query. Run the following query: SELECT * FROM MSFT_SIPESUserContactData WHERE UserInstanceID = {XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX}.

Also, always run script with the a group specified. i.e.

cscript LCSAddContacts.wsf /usersFile:value /contactsFile:value /contactsGroup:value

If a group is not specified the contacts will not show up in Communicator.

Please let me know if there are still any unresolved issues around this?

6 июля 2007 г. 21:14
  • Thank you for your response Thom.  Great info.  After trying the Wbemtest.exe above, I found that looking for the userinstanceid in the database proved to be futile.  Also, if the table MSFT_SIPESUserContactData is supposed to exist in the database rtcconfig, or any other OCS database, then it does exist in our system.  But users are able to add contacts manually and send messages.

I am probably doing something wrong with WBEMTest, but maybe not.  I have not used it before.

Thanks,

Mike

11 июля 2007 г. 15:21
  • Here is a link to more info about WBEMTEST:

http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsServer/en/library/28209472-b3ed-4b96-a6dd-c43ffdd913691033.mspx?mfr=true

There is more info on using this tool in the Admin Guide.

13 июля 2007 г. 20:24
  • Hi Thom,

Thank you for the information.

Pardon the really stupid question, but which Admin Guide?  There are a few associated with OCS 2007 and Communicator 2007.

Many thanks,

Mike

13 июля 2007 г. 20:41
  • The admin guide included with the documentation, available here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=0A3E2593-5812-4BF5-A554-3215CBBA587A&displaylang=en#filelist

It is called OCS_Admin.doc and its full title is

Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 (Public Beta) Administration Guide

13 июля 2007 г. 20:43
  • Thank you so very much.

Mike

13 июля 2007 г. 20:48
  • Hi Thom,

From the following query, after searching the documents referenced, I do not see is how to determine what the value for UserInstanceID should be.  When I execute a select * from MSFT_SIPESUserContactData, it results in an error stating Provider is not capable of the attempted operation.  So, I guess WBEMTEST only returns one row. 

SELECT * FROM MSFT_SIPESUserContactData WHERE UserInstanceID = {XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX}

However, after opening the class, i see another property, SIPURI, but all attempts to query the class using that property result in some sort of error and of course, no results:

Select * from MSFT_SIPESUserContactData WHERE SIPURI = "first.last@contoso.com"

The error description is "Not supported".

Anyway, I am not sure where to go from here.  Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Mike

13 июля 2007 г. 21:10
  • I am not sure where to go from here. Are you able to upgrade to the RC?

27 июля 2007 г. 16:46
  • Hi Thom,

I thought I was running the RC, what data will tell me which version I am running?  If I am not running the RC, then yes, I can upgrade to it.

Thank you very much,

Mike

27 июля 2007 г. 20:26
  • Hi Thom,

Well, I thought I was running the RC, unless the Public BETA release posted on MSDN2 is not the RC.  From where would I download the RC?

Many thanks for you help,

Mike

27 июля 2007 г. 20:44
  • In the OCS admin console, click Help and About OCS 2007. This will tell you the version.

27 июля 2007 г. 23:23
  • The RC version is only available to the TAP and RDP customers.

27 июля 2007 г. 23:27
  • Unfortunately, we are neither.  We only have SA & Support for LCS 2005.  So, how long does the world need to wait for the RC to go RTM?

Many thanks,

Mike

28 июля 2007 г. 13:06
  •  

Dear ,

I like to announce all of you that there is a Free Tool lanched at www.ocscm.com for manage Office Communications Server 2007/2005 Users contaclt list in easy and effieciencly way fro IT Administrators  in any orgainzations

< this is a replacement for VB Scripts>

Product Overview

Release Goal

OCSCM is a free tool used by IT administrator to manage OCS users’ contacts list in efficiently and easy way. IT Administrator can assign, reassign contacts to any user, create new OCS User and find any contact easily and quickly. They can also send emails to all contact lists about new OCS User.

Product Scope

OCSCM will enable IT administrator to manage operations related to OCS users to save IT stuff efforts and time, it provide the following operation

1.       Availability of Create OCS user (Active Directory user with live communication server option Enable).

2.       Assign &Reassign contacts list to OCS user.

3.       Delete any contact from all OCS users exist in Contact List.

4.       Send Notification mail to all contacts (contact list users) about the new OCS user.

www.ocscm.com

18 декабря 2007 г. 1:51
  • You may use   (OCSCM) Microsoft Office Communications Server Contact Manager.It's an administration mmc tool that will integrate with Microsoft Office Communication Server 2007 and Active Directory to provide an easy way to provision OCS users’ contacts list.   OCSCM is designed to show you how to manage the contacts and groups for individual ocs users by interacting with the Active Directory Domain Services and Microsoft Office Communication Server 2007/R2 and lcs 2005.

download from http://www.ocscm.com

20 декабря 2009 г. 20:53