The server is not connected to the internet

Вопрос

• I'm running WHS 2011 and everything is working except I get an annoying alert that the server is not connected to the internet, even though it is.  I've Disabled the Alert, but I would prefer to get rid of it altogether if anyone knows how to do it.  I suspect that it is due to the fact that I did the port forwarding manually and the PnP routine doesn't recognize my router, but I find that pretty lame when the setup routine allows you to do the manual setup and refers you to the instructions, but after doing the setup and getting it working it still generates the false error message.

Nothing critiacal, just annoying.

Thanks

Gary J
    26 мая 2011 г. 1:07

Все ответы

• I filed this back in March, take a look at the feedback.

--
    Don

I'm running WHS 2011 and everything is working except I get an annoying alert that the server is not connected to the internet, even though it is.  I've Disabled the Alert, but I would prefer to get rid of it altogether if anyone knows how to do it.  I suspect that it is due to the fact that I did the port forwarding manually and the PnP routine doesn't recognize my router, but I find that pretty lame when the setup routine allows you to do the manual setup and refers you to the instructions, but after doing the setup and getting it working it still generates the false error message.

Nothing critical, just annoying.

Thanks

Gary J
    • Предложено в качестве ответа DonCarlson 26 мая 2011 г. 2:22
    26 мая 2011 г. 1:15
  • Thanks Don,

Interesting that a Bing or Google search doesn't bring up your post on Connect.  Every "upgrade" is just a new set of bugs.

I added an appropriate comment to your Connect post.

Gary J
    • Предложено в качестве ответа DonCarlson 26 мая 2011 г. 2:21
    • Отменено предложение в качестве ответа DonCarlson 26 мая 2011 г. 2:22
    26 мая 2011 г. 1:45
  • On Thu, 26 May 2011 01:45:03 +0000, Gary J51 wrote:

Interesting that a Bing or Google search doesn't bring up your post on Connect.

Not really that unusual since Connect requires a log in.

Paul Adare
    MVP - Identity Lifecycle Manager
    http://www.identit.ca
    Conversational mode: Describes the typical office the day after a major
    sporting event.

26 мая 2011 г. 3:54