Microsoft Office Professional 2010

คำถาม

• After spending hours reading through this forum, I have doubt in the Microsoft Office Professional 2010 that I recently purchased through Ebay. The item appears to be genuine with all the feature stated in www.microsoft.com/howtotell. This is my product id: 02257-210-9326852-49596. I want peace in my mind that can someone please help me to identify whether this is a genuine or fake copy? Thanks!
    30 ตุลาคม 2553 5:16

คำตอบ

• Hello j3ng,

Microsoft also has a web site that tries to show specific parts of genuine product that are difficult for counterfeiters to duplicate:  www.howtotell.com

This forum does not accept uploads---what you would do is post your pic(s) to a free upload site like Photobucket or ImageShack, etc and then provide a link.

If your product has all of the characterisitcs of the quote you provided, then it certainly is a suspect product.  For #2, the hologram part of the Genuine installation discs is actually embedded within the plastic of the disc and is not any sort of label or printing.  The non-holographic parts of the labelling on the disc are printed on the disc and are not a stick-on label.

If the seller flatly refuses to refund your money, you will have to open up a dispute following eBay's rules and/or the rules of the payment service you used.  If you paid with a credit card, you may have som consumer protections from them as well.  And report the transaction to your local/state/country/national law enforcement agency.

• ทำเครื่องหมายเป็นคำตอบโดย j3ng 3 พฤศจิกายน 2553 3:15
    1 พฤศจิกายน 2553 16:13
  • Hi Dan,

Sorry have to ask you this... How to upload the picture to the forum??

After I bought the item and recently I just got the item, then happens to read this article ----> http://stores.ebay.co.uk/DAVAD-TECHNOLOGY-LIMITED/Fake-Microsoft-Of fice-2010.html which makes me think twice about what i purchased. All the 'symptoms' which the author point out shows in the product that I bought:

1. "FAKE: "Made in USA" but Part Number is UK Version 269-14670, and "SKU" preceding the part number. Holes in CoA on far left have edges that are too cleanly cut and are clearly holes. Many Fakes also carry the Yellow "Ingram Micro" Label, however it should be noted that the Ingram Micro labels are also fake and should not be associated with Ingram Micro"

2.  Chinese language on the DVD case insert, DVD Finish is on a stick on label, and not printed directly onto the disk surface as it should be, and print quality of instruction leaflet is poor.

3. When the disc is inserted it shows a startup screen for installing Office Professional Plus, not the correct Office Professional 2010

I have contact the seller regarding the issue & he  said that he purchased it from 'trusted' seller in USA. I personally have doubt in it after all these. Geeezzzsss... I should have be more careful about it. What do I do next?

Looking at what you posted before, the sale has ended and reverts to another Pro sale and that one is definitely bogus if you scroll down and read the information supplied.  3 installs for non-commercial use is contradictory to Professional's license.  Also as Dan said, anything less than about $350 US for this product is definitely suspect.

Demand a full unconditional refund from the seller and also report to eBay.
    • ทำเครื่องหมายเป็นคำตอบโดย Carey FrischMVP 3 พฤศจิกายน 2553 2:53
    3 พฤศจิกายน 2553 1:29

ตอบทั้งหมด

• Hello j3ng,

Please post a link to the auction or listing from which you purchased the product.

Don't let the clock run out....to take advantage of the Office 2010 Tech Guarantee, you must download Office 2010 by 10/31/10. See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/
    30 ตุลาคม 2553 12:57
  • I'm not sure that you can access it or not, this is the links:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150509945867&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

1 พฤศจิกายน 2553 4:43
  • Hello j3ng,

What about the product makes you doubt its authenticity?

The pictures included with the auction are not conclusive as they are such low res and show unimportant aspects of the product.  Can you post a very hi-res, in-focus and well lighted pic of the CoA?

Genuine MS Office Professional 2010 is a $499 product.  No legitimate seller could purchase the product from the normal supply chain and afford to sell it at $110, so the sale price is the first clue.  The second clue is that this particular seller has no track record of being someone in the computer or software field, which casts further doubt on their legitimacy in the industry and leads one to believe that they somehow stumbled upon a small stock of counterfeit product and are making a "quick strike."  Thirdly, the three copies of Office they have sold are the only thing they have sold on eBay, well at least under their present member ID anyway.

Don't let the clock run out....to take advantage of the Office 2010 Tech Guarantee, you must download Office 2010 by 10/31/10. See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/
    1 พฤศจิกายน 2553 13:30
  • Hi Dan,

After I bought the item and recently I just got the item, then happens to read this article ----> http://stores.ebay.co.uk/DAVAD-TECHNOLOGY-LIMITED/Fake-Microsoft-Office-2010.html which makes me think twice about what i purchased. All the 'symptoms' which the author point out shows in the product that I bought:

1. "FAKE: "Made in USA" but Part Number is UK Version 269-14670, and "SKU" preceding the part number. Holes in CoA on far left have edges that are too cleanly cut and are clearly holes. Many Fakes also carry the Yellow "Ingram Micro" Label, however it should be noted that the Ingram Micro labels are also fake and should not be associated with Ingram Micro"

2.  Chinese language on the DVD case insert, DVD Finish is on a stick on label, and not printed directly onto the disk surface as it should be, and print quality of instruction leaflet is poor.

3. When the disc is inserted it shows a startup screen for installing Office Professional Plus, not the correct Office Professional 2010

I have contact the seller regarding the issue & he  said that he purchased it from 'trusted' seller in USA. I personally have doubt in it after all these. Geeezzzsss... I should have be more careful about it. What do I do next?

1 พฤศจิกายน 2553 15:01
  • Hello j3ng,

Microsoft also has a web site that tries to show specific parts of genuine product that are difficult for counterfeiters to duplicate:  www.howtotell.com

This forum does not accept uploads---what you would do is post your pic(s) to a free upload site like Photobucket or ImageShack, etc and then provide a link.

If your product has all of the characterisitcs of the quote you provided, then it certainly is a suspect product.  For #2, the hologram part of the Genuine installation discs is actually embedded within the plastic of the disc and is not any sort of label or printing.  The non-holographic parts of the labelling on the disc are printed on the disc and are not a stick-on label.

If the seller flatly refuses to refund your money, you will have to open up a dispute following eBay's rules and/or the rules of the payment service you used.  If you paid with a credit card, you may have som consumer protections from them as well.  And report the transaction to your local/state/country/national law enforcement agency.

• ทำเครื่องหมายเป็นคำตอบโดย j3ng 3 พฤศจิกายน 2553 3:15
    1 พฤศจิกายน 2553 16:13
  • Hi Dan,

After I bought the item and recently I just got the item, then happens to read this article ----> http://stores.ebay.co.uk/DAVAD-TECHNOLOGY-LIMITED/Fake-Microsoft-Of fice-2010.html which makes me think twice about what i purchased. All the 'symptoms' which the author point out shows in the product that I bought:

Looking at what you posted before, the sale has ended and reverts to another Pro sale and that one is definitely bogus if you scroll down and read the information supplied.  3 installs for non-commercial use is contradictory to Professional's license.  Also as Dan said, anything less than about $350 US for this product is definitely suspect.

Demand a full unconditional refund from the seller and also report to eBay.
    • ทำเครื่องหมายเป็นคำตอบโดย Carey FrischMVP 3 พฤศจิกายน 2553 2:53
    3 พฤศจิกายน 2553 1:29
  • Thank you so much for the help Dan. Greatly appreciated!!!  ^^

Carey, I will definately ask seller for full refund and report to eBay. I've learned my lesson.

3 พฤศจิกายน 2553 3:15