Creating a Group in OCS 2007 client that everybody has

คำถาม

• Is there a way to create a group populated with specific users that will show up in everybodies Office Communicator client?  We'd like to have a specific group visible in everybodies communicator so that they can contact anybody in our help desk.  Can this be done by a scripting or gpo? 
    RG
    19 กุมภาพันธ์ 2552 19:54

ตอบทั้งหมด

• Communicator users can see distribution lists in Active Directory by default.  Type some or all of the group name in the search bar and it should appear.  Users can add these groups to their contact list.

Just be aware that if you create a new group it will not appear until the address book service updates and the clients download the updated address book.

Mike Stacy | Evangelyze Communications | http://www.evangelyze.net/cs/blogs/mike
    21 กุมภาพันธ์ 2552 15:56
    ผู้ดูแล

• Yes - I do it with scripting & it's very useful.

Oh - you want me to tell you how to do it?  :-)

OK - this may take a bit of typing...  I'll give you the building blocks to make it work - you put it together...

First - create plain text files containing the people you want in each group - for example, sales.txt, parts.txt, warehouse.txt

Within each text file on each separate line - put the person's name & their SIP address - like this in this format.

Fred Smith sip:fredsmith@whereever.com
    Paul Smith sip:paulsmith@whereever.com

Then - write a batch file to take all OCS users & populate thier buddy list.

The command below will find all the users in your AD that are OCS users & put them in the users.txt file.  Put this is the batch file first...

dsquery * "DC=your-domain,DC=your-domain-extension-such-as-com" -filter "(&(&(objectCategory=Person)(objectClass=User))(msRTCSIP-UserEnabled=TRUE))" -attr msRTCSIP-PrimaryUserAddress > "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2\ResKit\WMI Samples\users.txt"

In the same batch file, use the users.txt file that was just created to push out the users from the text files you created first.  The command below is for the admin group, but you get the idea...

cscript lcsaddcontacts.wsf /usersfile:users.txt /ContactsFile:admin.txt /contactsGroup:Admin

Repeat the above command in your batch file, changing the group names & text file, until all groups are done.

NOTE - there is a /DELETE command you can use with the lcsaddcontacts.wsf to remove users - can be useful.

If people do not have these group - don't worry, this will create them as needed.

And Mike's right - new users get updated in the address book overnight (1:30am is the default I think) & the OC desk client downloads it the next day.

Also note - Microsoft advises not to put too many contacts in your buddy list.  I 'think' I read soemwhere that they recommend a max of 75.

I manully run this about once a month.  I check the text files of departments, make sure everything is in order, add or remove names as needed, then fire off the batch file.

Regards

Paul Adams
    • เสนอเป็นคำตอบโดย Ahmed M. Ibrahim 20 ธันวาคม 2552 20:24
    21 กันยายน 2552 19:49
  • you can also use
    OCSCM tool which you can create groups and contact list for all users,
    www.ocscm.com
    • เสนอเป็นคำตอบโดย Ahmed M. Ibrahim 20 ธันวาคม 2552 20:24
    20 ธันวาคม 2552 20:24
  • You may use   (OCSCM) Microsoft Office Communications Server Contact Manager.It's an administration mmc tool that will integrate with Microsoft Office Communication Server 2007 and Active Directory to provide an easy way to provision OCS users’ contacts list.   OCSCM is designed to show you how to manage the contacts and groups for individual ocs users by interacting with the Active Directory Domain Services and Microsoft Office Communication Server 2007/R2 and lcs 2005.

download from http://www.ocscm.com

20 ธันวาคม 2552 21:01