Address Book Server was unable to perform its heartbeat function against the back-end database after 3 attempts.

คำถาม

• Hi,
    this error occurring on our OCS 2007  "Address Book Server was unable to perform its heartbeat function against the back-end database after 3 attempts."
    Resolution:
    Verify that the RTCService account has access to the database and that the machine running the RTCSRV service has connectivity to the back-end server.

So, my question is:
    Does ´RTCService´ OCS service account need any permissions to the OCS SQL rtc databases and if it does what kind of permissions (read/write/owner)?
    3 พฤศจิกายน 2552 13:22

คำตอบ

• Hi,

thank you for your answer.
    Actually OCS is working ok, but we just recieve this error randomly. 
    I was just trying to find out RTCService account rights to OCS SQL rtc database.
    Our RTCService account has no rights to rtc database, but we'll add read/write permissions

Regards!
    • ทำเครื่องหมายเป็นคำตอบโดย Gavin-ZhangModerator 14 ธันวาคม 2552 3:47
    16 พฤศจิกายน 2552 13:59

ตอบทั้งหมด

• Hi
    About your question, the RTC service need the read/write permission to the OCS SQL database.
    You can get some more information from below link
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd425291(office.13).aspx
    According to your issue, the issue may be caused by other thing, for example:
     1. Ensure that you use a strong password that meets your organization’s Active Directory password requirements.
     2. Ensure that all my RTC service accounts passwords had expired.
     3. Ensure that the certificates on the web components server was configured correctly.
     4. Ensure that the permission for the share folders was configured correctly.

Regards!
    9 พฤศจิกายน 2552 4:22
    ผู้ดูแล
  • Hi
    Any update for your issue?

Regards!

13 พฤศจิกายน 2552 9:44
    ผู้ดูแล
  • Hi,

thank you for your answer.
    Actually OCS is working ok, but we just recieve this error randomly. 
    I was just trying to find out RTCService account rights to OCS SQL rtc database.
    Our RTCService account has no rights to rtc database, but we'll add read/write permissions

Regards!
    • ทำเครื่องหมายเป็นคำตอบโดย Gavin-ZhangModerator 14 ธันวาคม 2552 3:47
    16 พฤศจิกายน 2552 13:59