none
My Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium needs to be reloaded

คำถาม

• I have purchased a Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with SP 1 about 2 years back.

I have been using it on my PC until it crashed. I had to get the mother board replaced.

Now I want to reload this software again, but during the process in the window which prompts for the Product Key, the <Next> button is not "bold" to be clicked and proceed.

Why is this and what is the solution other than buying new software? Or is that the only solution?

Thanks and regards,

Sekar67

8 มีนาคม 2555 8:35

คำตอบ

• "sekar67" wrote in message news:4dab9513-5099-4647-b3fb-1f4bbe3c2b42...

Hi Noel,

Thanks for the tip.

I tried entering the 2 sets of numbers I see on the case. None of them total up to 25 characters with or without the '-'.

Is there a "set" that is different for products sold in India?

Thanks.

Sekar

Sekar67

The COA sticker should have a line labelled ’Product Key’ – the Key is a set of 25 characters divided into 5 groups of 5 by dashes.....
    AAAAA-bbbbb-ccccc-ddddd-eeeee-fffff
    If the sticker does not have that, then you are either looking at the wrong sticker, or the installation is counterfeit.

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
      - **in your own thread**, please

Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine, but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • ทำเครื่องหมายเป็นคำตอบโดย Darin Smith MSOwner 12 มีนาคม 2555 20:10
    8 มีนาคม 2555 19:25

ตอบทั้งหมด

• "sekar67" wrote in message news:9e221e33-383d-4e42-aeb1-4ab6d92b9def...

I have purchased a Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with SP 1 about 2 years back.

I have been using it on my PC until it crashed. I had to get the mother board replaced.

Now I want to reload this software again, but during the process in the window which prompts for the Product Key, the <Next> button is not "bold" to be clicked and proceed.

Why is this and what is the solution other than buying new software? Or is that the only solution?

Thanks and regards,

Sekar67

If the Next button isn’t ‘lit’ then you have not completed entering the Key – when all 25 characters have been input the system automatically does a check for integrity, and ‘lights’ the  Next key, or produces an error message.

Make sure that you are entering the correct Key – it is on either the COA sticker on your machine, or on the Proof of License label inside your Vista case.

8 มีนาคม 2555 8:43
  • Hi Noel,

Thanks for the tip.

I tried entering the 2 sets of numbers I see on the case. None of them total up to 25 characters with or without the '-'.

Thanks.

Sekar

Sekar67

8 มีนาคม 2555 9:27
  • "sekar67" wrote in message news:4dab9513-5099-4647-b3fb-1f4bbe3c2b42...

Hi Noel,

Thanks for the tip.

I tried entering the 2 sets of numbers I see on the case. None of them total up to 25 characters with or without the '-'.

Thanks.

Sekar

Sekar67

The COA sticker should have a line labelled ’Product Key’ – the Key is a set of 25 characters divided into 5 groups of 5 by dashes.....
    AAAAA-bbbbb-ccccc-ddddd-eeeee-fffff
    If the sticker does not have that, then you are either looking at the wrong sticker, or the installation is counterfeit.

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
      - **in your own thread**, please

Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine, but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!

• ทำเครื่องหมายเป็นคำตอบโดย Darin Smith MSOwner 12 มีนาคม 2555 20:10
    8 มีนาคม 2555 19:25
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS

12 มีนาคม 2555 20:10
  • Hi Noel,

Yes, you were right. I was entering the wrong set.

I did enter the "right"set and I could install the s/w.

Thanks a bunch.

Meanwhile my internet connection went on the blink and is up today and hence the delay in reply.

Thanks once again.

Sekar

Sekar67

13 มีนาคม 2555 16:49
  • "sekar67" wrote in message news:b5c45f42-1029-4214-b0fe-764b1c32a4ff...

Hi Noel,

Yes, you were right. I was entering the wrong set.

I did enter the "right"set and I could install the s/w.

Thanks a bunch.

Meanwhile my internet connection went on the blink and is up today and hence the delay in reply.

Thanks once again.

Sekar

Sekar67

You’re welcome – good luck (don’t forget to install SP2 as soon as possible!)

13 มีนาคม 2555 16:54