none
Is there any support of Australian Microsoft Money users?

คำถาม

• My old PC crashed and have now a new laptop. I have up to date back up files for Money but am not sure what edition it was. I could not find my disc to reistall money. I tried to install sunset but have since found that it is not compatable with australian users. I tracked down money 2004 on ebay but i still have trouble installing my back up. It keeps asking for a password etc.  I can't find the date of the backup so can only presume that it was 2005 as this was the last edition to be released in austalia i believe. Is this right? and if so, how can i reinstall my money on sunset.Do they have sunset support for users outside of the US? I cannot find anywhere a 2005 money program.

PCAussie

25 มกราคม 2554 12:23

ตอบทั้งหมด

• If you have the hard disk from your old PC, and it is readable, you could check the version of Money installed. Money 2005 is Money 14.x.x.x. Money 2004 is Money 12.x.x.x.

Money 2005 was the last version available for Australia or anywhere except the US. It needs an online update to be able to read a previous Money 2005 file and the update will not be available after 31 January 2011.

Money 2004 cannot read a Money 2005 data file.

Another poster some months ago was unable to find a replacement disk for his Australian version of Money.

The Sunset edition can be used outside the US, but will not usually open or import the Money data file from non-US versions (there are some posters who have said it did import successfully). The data must be exported as qif and imported to Sunset.

25 มกราคม 2554 13:39
  • I am in Australia and use Money since 2000. I have successfully imported my Money 2004 into the Sunset edition which is really good. There are a few US quirks relevant to the USA but everything else is great. You need to export and import as a qif file for each account and ensure your base currency is AUS dollar, also delete all your BILL data prior to import.

Make a copy of the file you want to export so you dont damage the original if it fails.

29 มกราคม 2554 20:48
  • I too have been unable to restore Money backup files into Money 2005 after I needed to reinstall Money 2005 onto my hard drive.

Is it possible to restore these backup files into Money 2005 that is still running on another computer then export the data into Excel?

I was able to do this easily before the reinstall. How can I find such a computer with the updated version of 2005 still running? Is it possible to access it (eg by TeamViewer) to generate reports for export to Excel?

My aim is to extract the details of my superannuation transactions going back to 1992!

14 กุมภาพันธ์ 2555 11:02
  • I have the same problem (in Australia)- had to reload XP Pro, then after reinstalling Money 2005, the backup files would not reload.

Any solution? I would be happy to reload my backup into someelses active Money 2005 program and export the files (reports) to Excel. Can anyone help?

14 กุมภาพันธ์ 2555 11:43
  • You can install Money 2005 International QFE2 from http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=26922.

This is a free, updated version of Money 2005 International - free for anyone to use - and will read and update Money 2005 data files and import data files from earlier versions of Money International.

14 กุมภาพันธ์ 2555 11:48
  • This loaded OK (version 14.0.120.1105) and runs with a "new file" but will not run or restore from my backup file. Asks for password and when entered nothing happens. If incorrect or no password entered then "......please enter valid password" message.

If I go File>restore backup>select my old backup>nominate new file>enter password>Get message "Money cannot open this file as it was created by an incompatible version"

Where to next?

14 กุมภาพันธ์ 2555 13:19
  • Just copy your Money .mny data file to the new machine and open it.

You will need the password if you had one on the old machine.

14 กุมภาพันธ์ 2555 14:20
  • If I go File>restore backup>select my old backup>nominate new file>enter password>Get message "Money cannot open this file as it was created by an incompatible version"

Where to next?

Is it possible that you accidently installed a different version onto the new computer?

To determine what geographic version of Microsoft Money that you have
    installed is to look in the "MNYCoreFiles\Work" folder for the *.aw file(s).

If the installation is UK, the file will be MNYUKEN.AW.  If it is
    INTL English, it will have several files all starting with MNYEN.
    The file for US would be MNYUSEN.AW.  So, to summarize, the 4th and
    5th letters tell the story, UK, EN or US. Later US versions also should
    work for Canada.

If you installed Money 2005 in the default folder on C:, you could run
    this command, including the quotation marks, in a command window:
    dir  "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money 2005\MNYCoreFiles\Works\*.aw"

Otherwise browse in Windows Explorer. You may have to modify the
    settings of Windows Explorer to show hidden files and folders.

If you installed the International version and got that error, the backup (or *.m ny) file was not created by an International version. I would try the UK version or the US+Canada (Plus)  next. You should uninstall the version that did not work before trying the new one.

14 กุมภาพันธ์ 2555 16:37
    ผู้ดูแล