none
VS 2005 Debugger crashing with IE 8 Beta 2

คำถาม

• Dear Friends,

Today I installed IE 8 Beta 2 and started debugging my ASP.NET 2.0 site on VS 2005. When I start debugger it automatically stops after IE window appears on screen. My question is that do I need to do something with IE8 Beta2 settings to enable debugging in my ASP.NET applications or some thing is going wrong with IE8 Beta2 ?

When I try to debug my applications with IE7 then VS 2005 debugger is working fine. My operating system is windows 2003 server

To replicate this issue, I am adding steps:

1. Open ASP.NET 2.0 site on visual studio 2005
    2. Close all IE windows
    3. Start debugging, it should work fine
    4. Now stop debugging and open IE
    5. Now again start debugging or press F5 in VS 2005
    6. Notice that VS 2005 debugger will not start

Any suggestions or ideas will be most welcome.

Thanks and Regards,

Haider Raza Software Engineer, ZABSolutions. MCP(C#)
    • แก้ไขโดย Haider Raza Naqvi 22 ตุลาคม 2551 8:46 Replication steps added
    22 ตุลาคม 2551 8:01

คำตอบ

• Hi,

IE 8 has a feature called Loosely-Coupled Internet Explorer (LCIE) which results in IE running across multiple processes.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/beta/readiness/developers-existing.aspx#lcie

Older versions of the Visual Studio Debugger get confused by this and cannot figure out how to attach to the correct process.  You can work around this by disabling the process growth feature of LCIE.  Here's how:

1)  Open RegEdit
    2)  Browse to HKEY_LOCALMACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Microsoft -> Internet Explorer -> Main
    3)  Add a dword under this key called TabProcGrowth
    4)  Set TabProcGrowth to 0

Since you are running on Windows Server 2003, this is all you should need to do.  If you run into the same problem on Vista or newer, you will also need to turn off protected mode.

Thanks.
    Brad Sullivan - Program Manager - Visual Studio Debugger
    • ทำเครื่องหมายเป็นคำตอบโดย Haider Raza Naqvi 24 ตุลาคม 2551 4:20
    24 ตุลาคม 2551 0:35

ตอบทั้งหมด