how can i use my back up if System Problem

คำตอบ

• I'm not sure that your post was moved to the correct location since you mentioned Windows Backup. However, since you state that you are using Windows Live OneCare, your post got moved here.
    Windows Live OneCare backs up your data based on a plan that you configure. If you have a hardware failure and need to restore the OneCare backup from an external disk or CD/DVD, you need to reinstall Windows and then OneCare. Once OneCare is installed, you use the Restore Wizard in OneCare to restore your data "from another computer" since the repaired and reinstalled PC is a new PC to OneCare.
    If you are using Windows backup and not OneCare backup, the concept is the same, but without OneCare. Your steps for restore will still involve reinstalling the operating sytem first and then restoring the backup of your data.
    Finally, you would need to reinstall any programs that you have installed as both OneCare and Windows backup do not back up programs or system files.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    • ทำเครื่องหมายเป็นคำตอบโดย Stephen BootsMVP, Moderator 4 กันยายน 2552 15:11
    4 กันยายน 2552 15:10

ตอบทั้งหมด

• I'm not sure that your post was moved to the correct location since you mentioned Windows Backup. However, since you state that you are using Windows Live OneCare, your post got moved here.
    Windows Live OneCare backs up your data based on a plan that you configure. If you have a hardware failure and need to restore the OneCare backup from an external disk or CD/DVD, you need to reinstall Windows and then OneCare. Once OneCare is installed, you use the Restore Wizard in OneCare to restore your data "from another computer" since the repaired and reinstalled PC is a new PC to OneCare.
    If you are using Windows backup and not OneCare backup, the concept is the same, but without OneCare. Your steps for restore will still involve reinstalling the operating sytem first and then restoring the backup of your data.
    Finally, you would need to reinstall any programs that you have installed as both OneCare and Windows backup do not back up programs or system files.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    • ทำเครื่องหมายเป็นคำตอบโดย Stephen BootsMVP, Moderator 4 กันยายน 2552 15:11
    4 กันยายน 2552 15:10
  • When I try to renstall Windows Live One from my disc it downloads then starts to Install then stops with Error ID: 0020-80070643. I had this program on my computer when I made my backup disc now I need to get it back on the computer to use my backup discs.
    7 ตุลาคม 2553 0:50
  • When I try to renstall Windows Live One from my disc it downloads then starts to Install then stops with Error ID: 0020-80070643. I had this program on my computer when I made my backup disc now I need to get it back on the computer to use my backup discs.

That error indicates that something is blocking installation of the antivirus components. See: 

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930162

However, if you don't have an active subscription to OneCare any longer and only need to restore a backup, use the Restore Tool - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecarebackupandrestore/thread/e5d686c8-762b-4b22-bc08-bfb93f911e57

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    7 ตุลาคม 2553 12:40