13 มกราคม 2550 21:43
I wanted to install the PST Backup utility but had to validate my office software, which informed me that it failed due to never having been activated. I went into outlook, clicked "Activate Product" and ,of course am told that it is already activated. I have purchased, installed, activated (Office XP Standard for Students and Teachers) many years ago when it first came out. I am still using the original computer it was installed on (by me) and still have the original disks and packaging COA . I am running XP SP2 with auto updates on, and never had any WGA problems before (used many times). What do I do now? By the way, I also have my WinXP disks, original and SP2.
16 มกราคม 2550 6:17
1) Go to: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Data\
2) Delete the data.dat file.
3) This data.dat file is for Office (not OGA).
4) Once the file has been deleted, open an Office application such as MS Word (or your favorite Office application) and ACTIVATE it.
5) After product activation is successful, let’s try revalidating (this is the OGA part; Office Genuine Advantage): http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/office/Validate.aspx?displaylang=en
Note: Make sure you have the 25-character product key for Microsoft Office available.
Does this work for you?
21 มกราคม 2550 2:35
That did it. Sorry for the delay responding, but I thought I was to be notified when someone responded to the original post and never was. Anyway, thanks again!