none
WHS 2011 hard disk utilization.

Soru

• How do I tell WHS 2011 to use a specific hard disk for a client backup? My server uses the smallest hard disk and the backup’s fail due to the space deficit.

I have a 250 Gb with the system files (c: & f:) (small drive) and 1.5TB (e:) not used by server.

23 Şubat 2012 Perşembe 19:32

Tüm Yanıtlar

• It's controlled in the Dashboard. All Shared Folders including Client Computer Backups can be moved to where you want them by running the Move Folder Wizard which appears on the right in the Server Folders tab of Server Folders and Hard Drives after you select the folder to be moved.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

23 Şubat 2012 Perşembe 19:50
  • Thanks Phil, I'll try the fix.
    23 Şubat 2012 Perşembe 19:58
  • I'll note in passing that you can learn how to do this (and much more) by reading the online help for Windows Home Server...

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

24 Şubat 2012 Cuma 01:29
  • I don’t see how to specify a specific disk for each backup. Do all backup’s go to the same folder.

WHS v1 was convenient with DE.

24 Şubat 2012 Cuma 18:31
  • All backups go to a single folder.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

24 Şubat 2012 Cuma 18:38
  • Same folder as it creates a composite database to save space - no need to back up the same Windows file multiple times.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

25 Şubat 2012 Cumartesi 01:41