none
Error while installing Zentity Server on Windows 7

Tüm Yanıtlar

• You are getting this message because you have not enabled filestream on the sql server database instance.

To enable the filestream on the SQL Server database please follow the given steps:-

1)      Open Start Button -> All Programs -> SQL Server 2008/2005 -> Configuration Tools -> SQL Server Configuration Manager.

2)      Select the SQL Server services.

3)      On the right pane right-click the database instance and select properties. (In the attached screen shot I have two database instances install, SQLExpress and MSSQLServer. I picked the later as Zentity is using the same database engine, MSSQLServer.)

4)      Click on the Filestream tab and set the settings as shown in the attached screen shot.

Apart from this there are few other configuration settings on SQL Server and IIS that need to be done before installing the Zentity. All these pre-requisites are mentioned in the Zentity installation guide and the way to enable them. You can download this document from the forum discussion thread titled, Download Zentity Installation Guide.

Let me know if you have any further query.

• Yanıt Olarak Öneren Kalnemi 31 Ocak 2012 Salı 08:55
    31 Ocak 2012 Salı 08:55
  • Thanks for your feedback, I can't find a SQL Server (MSSQLSERVER) instance and I can't find it either under SQL Server 2005 Network Configuration. For the SQLEXPRESS Engine, I can't find FILESTREAM tab.

How can I get MSSQLSERVER instance?

Do I need to enable any specific options to get the FILESTREAM tab?

Thanks

06 Şubat 2012 Pazartesi 07:28
  • Sorry for not being clear. The name of the SQL Server instance can be different and is chosen by the user at the time of installation. In your machine the name given to the installer is SQLEXPRESS.

Since you are not getting the Filestream tab, I guess you need to reinstall the SQL Server or install a new instance without loosing the current data with Filestream mode enabled.

On how to install SQL Server with Filestream mode enabled is described in the Zentity installation guide. You can download this guide guide from this thread.

Please let me know of any further query.

06 Şubat 2012 Pazartesi 08:12