none
Event Viewer Add-In

Genel Tartışma

• Hey guys,

I whipped up togheter an Add-In for WHS that displays the Windows Event Logs (a la Event Viewer) in the Home Server Console. I ran into some problems and needed to monitor the event viewer thru RDC, so instead I created this Add-In. I thought others could find it useful too, so here it is.

You can choose which log to monitor, filter the entries (Show All, Warnings, Errors, etc.) and clear the logs. I created an installer (.msi), just put it in your WHS shared \\servername\Software\Add-Ins folder, then in the console, go to Settings, Add-Ins, Available, and click Install on the Even Viewer Add-In entry. Restart the console and it should be there.

It's available here http://www.wegotserved.co.uk/windows-home-server-add-ins/

Thanx to Terry Walsh for hosting the Add-In.

Any comment/suggestion is welcome.
    29 Aralık 2007 Cumartesi 05:21

Tüm Yanıtlar

• Hi Benjamin

I can host the file for you over at http://www.wegotserved.co.uk/windows-home-server-add-ins/ - let me know if this works for you.

Best wishes

Terry

29 Aralık 2007 Cumartesi 08:17
    Moderatör
  • Hi Terry,

It would be great, thank you!

Regards,
    Benjamin
    29 Aralık 2007 Cumartesi 15:33
  • OK, it can be downloaded straight off the add-ins page at WGS now....

Best wishes

Terry

29 Aralık 2007 Cumartesi 23:06
    Moderatör
  • I would like to request that you consider adding an option to display the event number, so that your program will support WHS System Event Monitor.

Thanks

Dark1

10 Mart 2008 Pazartesi 04:33
  • Hey

I have updated the Event Viewer Add-In with a few bug fixes as well as new features.
    You can grab the new version at

http://www.uppereastsoft.com/downloads/HomeServerConsoleTab.EventViewer.1.1.0.0.msi

Regards,
    Benjamin

09 Mayıs 2008 Cuma 15:09
  • I am trying out WHS for a small network of desktops. I have installed the WHS software on each machine (what is that software called? Agent? Client?) and it backs up the data to the HP WHS with no problems.

Would this add in let me remotely monitor the backup process? There's a remote notification add-in, but that emails whenever the heath icon changes color - not necessarily for when the backup runs / fails (backup from desktop to WHS and / or whs to the external hard drive). I'd like something that notifies daily or after each backup of each machine (the instance I am thinking about has 3 PCs). Otherwise, if it only notifies on failure, then you aren't looking for it and may miss that lone email. Or if the server dies and stops emailing out, the backups are failing and you aren't getting notified.

People were talking about how WHS is better than shadow protect, but without this notification, I don't think so?

Any advice would be appreciated!

23 Mart 2010 Salı 13:19
  • With the introduction of Power Pack 3, Windows Home Server reports server health (including backup status for client computers) in a file which is updated regularly, health.xml. Sam Wood has documented the format/contents of this file over here. I'm not aware of any Windows Home Server add-ins or third party tools that will e.g. email this file out on a daily basis, but using the information Sam has provided, one could create such a tool relatively easily.

The information you're looking for is also exposed in the Windows Home Server console, of course, which is where Microsoft generally expects the target audience for the product to get information about the state of their home networks.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    23 Mart 2010 Salı 14:32
    Moderatör
  • Adding to what Ken says there is an Add-In called WHS Health which provides the health.xml information in a nicer format for viewing in a web browser:
    http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2009/12/09/new-add-in-whs-health/

--
    23 Mart 2010 Salı 16:24
  • Hello Benjamin,

Thanks for the nice add-in !

Would it be possible to have the divider between the events list and the event details being implemented as a slider so I could enlarge the event details view (quite) a bit ?

And maybe even add a filter option on event source ? Preferably by letting the user type some case insensitive string into a textbox which the event source must contain.

27 Eylül 2011 Salı 19:55