MR Installation

问题

• Dear Members,

I want to install MR in my laptop as a test environment,am wondering if its possible to install it in a standalone machine,i mean not in any domain. I have only one windows user account i,e admin.

I would really appreciate your contribution.

Regards,

Charles

2010年11月9日 9:41

全部回复

• Accoring to microsoft, you cannot install or use MR without domain....

2010年11月9日 15:36
  • NYBruce, thanks for your contribution.Yeah i got it and i eventually installed,DCPROMO command helped.

Now am facing different problems, i can't log in to MR, i get an error,

connection failed .user does not have appropriate permissions to connect to the server.contact your administrator

can't connect to the management reporter server.

NB: i think this new requirement by MS is damn irritating.

hanks,

2010年11月9日 15:45
  • Hi I also run DCPROMO in my VM, and then i setup domain user for admin group and SQL. use the domain user to login, then you would use MR.
    2010年11月9日 16:08
  • Siele,

This means that the user you typed in to be the MR Administrator is not the user you are connecting as. Management Reporter will not let users access the system unless they are added as a valid user. Verify you are logged into your domain and not the local box. I've seen some confusion and you can use the whoami command to see if you are logged in as machine\administrator or domain\administrator.

Please vote on any enhancements that you would like to see in the product:

https://connect.microsoft.com/dynamicssuggestions/feedback/details/565517/install-mr-without-being-on-domain

Thanks

Ryan

2010年11月10日 17:04