none
How to add a person?

问题

• At Microsoft Academic Search, my family tree ends with Ludwig Boltzmann.

Boltzmann's advisor is known however, and in fact the tree goes back to Poda von Neuhaus in the middle of the 18th century. See http://www.genealogy.math.ndsu.nodak.edu/id.php?id=19402

Q: How do I add Jozef Stefan? I guess he does not have any electronic publications to his name, but his students are recorded.

Richard Tol

2012年3月8日 8:33

答案

• Hi Richard,

Thank you for your interest in Microsoft Academic Search!

A profile for Josef Stefan has just been created, and should appear online within the next 48 hours. After the profile appears online, you will then be able to extend your academic family tree to the new profile.

We hope you continue to explore and enjoy our site. If you have any questions or need further assistance please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

Microsoft Academic Search Team

2012年4月10日 22:32
    版主

全部回复

• Hi Richard,

Thank you for your interest in Microsoft Academic Search!

A profile for Josef Stefan has just been created, and should appear online within the next 48 hours. After the profile appears online, you will then be able to extend your academic family tree to the new profile.

We hope you continue to explore and enjoy our site. If you have any questions or need further assistance please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

Microsoft Academic Search Team

2012年4月10日 22:32
    版主
  • Hi,

You missed the broader point. Josef Stefan is one of many historical scholars whose work has yet to make it into the digital age. His papers may never be digitised as his ideas are now textbook material (without attribution).

There should be a procedure for crowd-adding people like Stefan.Thanks

Richard

Richard Tol

2012年4月11日 7:27
  • Is it possible for users to add themselves or other scholars that are missing manually (i.e., without admin intervention)?

If not, how do we contact the admin to get academics added?

Thanks for your help!

2012年6月29日 9:29
  • Hello Richard and Jason_007,

Authors are able to send an email message to acadfb@microsoft.com to request an author profile. When doing so, please provide the following information:

First name (required)

Middle name

Last name  (required)

Native name  (e.g. Your name in your native language)

Home page  URL  (e.g. http://www.university.edu/~yourname)

Photo URL  (e.g. http://www.youruniversity.edu/~yourname/yourname.jpg)

Organization (e.g. Massachusetts Institutes of Technology. Only one, your current organization, is supported.)

Additionally, Microsoft Academic Search does focus on obtaining information about scholars and published works. Visit this forum post for more information on that topic.

Best regards,

Microsoft Academic Search

2012年7月25日 18:50
    版主
  • When I say that your first answer misses the point, I do not expect a repetition of that answer.

Richard Tol

2012年7月27日 12:42