I have found that linpack can be run on windows hpc cluster (http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/How2BuildLinpack). However, I am quite confused. It needs to be installed on simply a client pc or the head node?
Second question, if i have a pc link to the network which consists the cluster, but my pc is using workgroup (different workgroup and different domain with the headnode). Can i still submit job to the cluster?
1) It is better for you to use LIZARD (LInpack wiZARD) from Microsoft. It is very useful tool that provides a GUI interface. So you can download this with HPC Tool SDK 2008. It is needed to install this on Headnode only.
2) is your PC a part of a cluster? If not than you can connect to your Headnode via RDP (note that you have to add your domain name to hostname and login) and submit job to the cluster.
- 已标记为答案 Don PatteeModerator 2011年2月4日 23:50
1) I have done some research on LIZARD and found that it is a part of Windows HPC Server 2008 R2. I am not using R2 now, so is there other possible way for me to get it?
2) So, things would be easier if they are in same domain right?