Management Reporter

問題

• I have loaded MR on a windows server 2008 r2 with SQL server 2008.  When I try to connect I receive "Can't connect to the Management Reporter server.  Do you want to specify a different server address?"  I click on the Yes buttion and the default web address appears.  If you click Test connection the connection fails or if you hit ok the connection fails and provides this message, "A connection to the server could not be established.  Check the server address and try again or contact you system administrator."  I checked the following steps and I have not been able to resolve this issue:

·         1. Management Reporter will only function while connected to the domain it was installed on. Even if all MR server components are on one machine, that machine still needs to be connected to the domain you were on when you installed MR.

2. Confirm the Application Service application pool is running. This is found in Internet Information Services Manager and is the Management Reporter app pool.

3. Confirm the Management Reporter Process Service is running. This is found under Control Panel | Administrative Tools | Services | Management Reporter Process Service.

4. Confirm the Identity of the Application Service app pool has GeneralUser and public SQL roles to the Management Reporter SQL database.

5. Confirm the user running the Management Reporter Process Service has GeneralUser and public SQL roles to the Management Reporter SQL database.

6. Confirm the IIS machine has the port used in the MR installation set up as an exclusion on any Firewalls (Windows Firewall included).

7. Another way to test to confirm whether or not the Application Service is running correctly is to type in the following in IE:

http://MRservername:MRport/SecurityService.svc

This should return a page with code samples. If you get an HTTP error then ASP.NET 2.0 may not be enabled or the Application Service may not be running.

8. Check the Event Viewer for more information

9. Stop and Start the Management Reporter application pool. Check the Event Viewer for errors.

10. Stop and Start the Management Reporter Process Service. Check the Event Viewer for errors.

11. Windows Server 2003 – Web Service Extensions in IIS, Active Server Pages can’t be set to Prohibited.

The IT folks have set this server up as a "disjointed" domain (not sure what that means) so the name on the computer is GMC-TN.ORG but the users log in with PRMMHC\user - it works the services run etc but I am wondering if this is not causing the issue.

Thanks for any help

2010年12月8日 22:44