Microsoft Learning, MPN Capability Development, the Small Business Competency team and the Microsoft Office team bring you an exciting opportunity to learn to plan and deploy Office 365. As organizations recognize the benefits of providing users with anywhere-access to cloud-based email and scheduling, web conferencing, file sharing, collaboration and Office Web Apps at a low predictable monthly cost, demand for certified Office 365 expertise is climbing sharply in the enterprise and small business space.
Leveraging the popular “Jump Start” virtual classroom approach, two of Microsoft’s most gifted Office 365 experts will lead an accelerated, engaging and demo-rich learning experience designed to teach Microsoft Partners and IT Pros the concepts and technologies covered on Microsoft exam 70-321 Deploying Office 365 as well as the prerequisite exam 70-323 (Administering Office 365).
Office 365 Jump Start “2 for 1” Learning Event
May 30 – June 1, 2012 from 9:00am – 4:00pm Pacific Time via live virtual classroom (online from wherever you are); no hands-on labs.
(1) “Administering Office 365 Accelerated Jump Start” (FREE recommended pre-requisite)
May 30: Accelerated, 1-day preparation for 70-323 (Administering Office 365)
Audience: Tailored for IT professionals with core skills in configuration of all Office 365 technologies (Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Lync Online, Office 365 platform) looking to brush up on skills prior to taking 70-323.
(2) “Planning & Deploying Office 365 Jump Start” (FREE)
May 31-June 1: 2-day preparation for 70-321 (Deploying Office 365)
Audience: Tailored for consultants and IT professionals who plan and implement Office 365, including migrations to Office 365 (simple and hybrid deployments).
Day 1: Administering Office 365 Accelerated Jump Start (suggested pre-requisite)
- Module 1: Provision and manage users, groups, and domains; Manage roles (e.g., administrator, delegated admin, Exchange RBAC)
- Module 2: Prepare clients and configure remote connectivity
- Module 3: Manage identity federation using Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) 2.0
- Module 4: Administer SharePoint Online (e.g., site collections, metadata, user profiles, sites)
- Module 5: Administer Lync Online (e.g., Federation, Public IM Connectivity, user settings)
- Module 6: Administer Exchange Online (e.g., Mailboxes, contacts, groups; Hybrid environments, security & compliance)
Day 2: Accounts, Services, Infrastructure | Deploying Office 365 Jump Start
- Module 1: Plan and implement Account synchronization
- Module 2: Plan and implement Single sign on
- Module 3: Plan and implement Federation for Exchange Online and Lync Online
- Module 4: Plan and implement Office 365 Security
- Module 5: Plan network security and connectivity
- Module 6: Plan namespace integration
Day 3: Exchange, Lync and SharePoint Online | Deploying Office 365 Jump Start
- Module 7: Exchange Online—Plan email flow, messaging hygiene, security, and compliance
- Module 8: Exchange Online—Plan hybrid deployment, mailbox migrations
- Module 9: Exchange Online—Unified messaging with Exchange Online
- Module 10: Lync Online—Plan sizing, conferencing provider (ACP) integration; namespace planning; coexistence scenarios
- Module 11: SharePoint Online—Plan and configure site structures and site settings
- Module 12: SharePoint Online—Plan and configure properties
When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer
MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
MC ID: Microsoft Transcript