MS Office Product Key Usage

問題

• Version: Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003

This is a valid/genuine copy which has been installed and activated on more than one computer.  One of the computers has been retired and recycled.  Therefore I can not run the MGADiag tool on the machine nor uninstall the MS Office product in question.  Upon subsequent install to a new computer, the activation notes the maximum activations has been reached for this product key.

1) How can I determine how many activations are available for this product key? (So that I know how many activations are entitled.)

2) How can I determine which computers are activated under this product key? (So I can verify that the product is installed on less machines than there are activations. )

2010年12月23日 下午 07:52

解答

• Version: Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003

This is a valid/genuine copy which has been installed and activated on more than one computer.  One of the computers has been retired and recycled.  Therefore I can not run the MGADiag tool on the machine nor uninstall the MS Office product in question.  Upon subsequent install to a new computer, the activation notes the maximum activations has been reached for this product key.

1) How can I determine how many activations are available for this product key? (So that I know how many activations are entitled.)

2) How can I determine which computers are activated under this product key? (So I can verify that the product is installed on less machines than there are activations. )

All retail Office Pro are licensed for two machines - which are in use by the same person (at least in theory). One desktop ,and one laptop.
    You can install your copy Of Office Pro onto a third computer, assuming it's Retail and that the original install is non-functional. Simply use telephone activation and speak to a rep, and explain the situation.
    The rep is the only one who can tell you how many activations have been done with that key, unless you post an MGADiag report for the functional system, in which case Darin may be able to track the activation history,
    To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    2010年12月23日 下午 08:03