2012年6月4日 下午 02:23
I created several Team resources and assigned them to the tasks of one specific project.
I saved and published the project.
If any resource, member of one team, click on Insert Row > Insert Team Tasks, the view "Resource Team Assignments" remains empty.
I tried to assign the nominative resources on fake tasks in the same project, but no avail.
What am I missing?
- 已編輯 WLID1966 2012年6月4日 下午 02:25
2012年6月6日 上午 12:32
you need to follow the following steps:
- Create a fill the lookup table for the Team Name custom field.
- Set the Team Name for your account.
- Create a (generic) resource, set the same Team Name, tick the checkbox for Team Pool Resource.
- Create a new project, assign task to team pool resource, publish.
- You should be able to add yourself to that team task.
- Please see http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/projectserver2010general/thread/ff5e6254-8f94-4268-a9a5-8066db5d4150 et al. if your server time zone is UTC+X (i.e. anything but Americas, even Britain in summer DST).
- 已標示為解答 WLID1966 2012年6月6日 下午 06:59
2012年6月6日 下午 07:02
Very interesting! How did you discover such a weird trick?
2012年7月16日 下午 11:44
basically, we found that trick by brainstorming what the reason for the behaviour might be. In particular, when we did the team task reassignment, clicking the task name for the task/assignment history showed that the start date was changed from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. which is 8 a.m. in UTC. So, after trying any sane and logical methods at hand, we just changed every time on the server to UTC, which again did nothing, so we did a reboot, and this finally fixed it for us.
Now, the reason why I'm replying is simply because the issue has been fixed in CU 06/2012. I tried it on a test machine of mine running CEST, and it works correctly now, whereas it failed with CU 04/2012.
2012年7月17日 上午 03:05
Actually, if you don't make the Team Resource a generic, you can assign the Team lead as the Assignment Owner. Then, they can see all of the team tasks on their Tasks page and do reassignment, etc.
2012年7月17日 上午 07:55
Thanks a lot for these detailled explanations!