none
Convert WMF file to PCL 6 format

Question

• Hi,

How can I convert a windows meta file format (.wmf, .emf etc) to PCL 6 compatible type using C#?

Any guidelines for reading the meta file and creating new pcl 6 format will be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Monday, April 22, 2013 1:48 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I got really a good sample from codeplex explaining about the parsing of WMF file. The source code provided there is very helpful for reading WMF records. And this link give an overall idea about writing the PCL commands

• Marked as answer by Renjith.K.C Tuesday, May 28, 2013 12:57 PM
    • Edited by Renjith.K.C Tuesday, May 28, 2013 12:59 PM added PCL resource
    Tuesday, May 28, 2013 12:56 PM

All replies

• Hi Renjith,

Please check below article to see if it helps.

Working with Metafile Images in .Net

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/177394/Working-with-Metafile-Images-in-Net

In addition, you can consider post in this forum http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-LaserJet/bd-p/bsc-413

Thanks.

This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Bob Shen
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 8:21 AM
  • Hi,

I got really a good sample from codeplex explaining about the parsing of WMF file. The source code provided there is very helpful for reading WMF records. And this link give an overall idea about writing the PCL commands

• Marked as answer by Renjith.K.C Tuesday, May 28, 2013 12:57 PM
    • Edited by Renjith.K.C Tuesday, May 28, 2013 12:59 PM added PCL resource
    Tuesday, May 28, 2013 12:56 PM