none
On Premise CRM and Online Exchange

Question

• I can't believe I haven't seen this question asked yet.  Maybe I missed it.

We have on premise Dynamics CRM 4.0.  We are looking at Exchange Online.  Is there anyone using on-premise CRM and Exchange online?  Any proof of concept?

• Moved by Xiaopeng Wu Tuesday, March 08, 2011 10:22 PM Forum consolidation (From:CRM Online)
    Friday, January 29, 2010 3:49 PM

Answers

All replies

• I have not tried this combo yet (CRM 4.0 Onpremisee and Exchange Online). 

I know that the latest CRM Online email router supports Exchange online, so maybe the latest update (download latest update during install) to the CRM 4.0 Onprise email router supports it too.

On the Outlook Client side - as long as Microsoft Outlook is setup with Exchange Online, then the CRM Outlook addon should work fine.
    Follow Workopia on Twitter

http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm

Friday, January 29, 2010 6:19 PM
  • Quick findings:

Referencing the article: Configure Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online E-mail Router with Exchange Online

http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2009/12/07/configure-microsoft-dynamics-crm-online-e-mail-router-with-exchange-online.aspx

and Install the CRM 4.0 Onpremise Email Router with the latest update didn't show the "Exchange Online" option - only "Exchange" and "SMTP".

I would try the following:

1. Via a test environment, setup the CRM 4.0 Onpremise Email Router with the latest update with "Exchange" Option and with settings from the above article

2. Submit a Microsoft CRM support incident to confirm or ETA on this support.

Follow Workopia on Twitter

http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm

Friday, January 29, 2010 6:30 PM
  • Our org is using on-premise CRM and Exchange Online.  We rely on the Outlook CRM plugin for managing email to CRM.  It's been working fine.
    Thursday, February 11, 2010 4:17 PM
  • Yes, we have the same problem here. When using the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online router, we can use the exchange webservices but on the deployment tab, we can only select CRM online. The other 2 options 'my company' and "service provider" are disabled.

Anyone have an idea? Using the Microsoft Dynamics CRM router for on premise, doesn't work either because you cannot specifiy exchange online.

Regards
    Philippe

it's all very nice when it works
    Tuesday, September 07, 2010 2:10 PM
  • Hi Philippe - are you using MS Dynamics CRM rollup 10 or later?  With 10 you can now specify the email router to use Exchange Online.
    Thursday, September 09, 2010 2:12 PM
  • Hi,

Yes I did see it when I installed R12 but when I use the online webservices and our on premise CRM; I cannot load the data from CRM into the router. When using the "platformtrace" I can see that a certain attribute "ActivityId" is missing from the Entity "EntityMap". But this entity is a CRM system entity and not customizable. So it seems that this problem is preventing the router to work. Anyone had the same problem?

Regards,

Philippe

it's all very nice when it works
    Thursday, September 09, 2010 3:37 PM