No Reply All Error RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi all, I found the noreplyaddin for outlook and put in on my laptop using outlook 2010 32 bit with no problems. I have tried installing it on the president of our companies laptop and can not get it to work. He is using 32 bit outlook 2010. He has .NET framework installed from the link on the download site for noreplyaddin.

    I have noted when I go into outlook to look at the Addin, it is not checked off, I check it off and hit ok, nothing happens, then I noted when I highlight it by left clicking once I see below the "Location" of the add-in and below that is the "Load Behavior:" which states:

    Not Loaded: A runtime error occurred during the loading of the COM Add-in.

    I am lost at what to do at this point. Please help.

    Tuesday, February 10, 2015 2:27 PM

All replies

  • Yeah, the error message isn't very helpful - means something went wrong before the add-in could even start. Things to check: are there any other Outlook add-ins on that machine? I've seen problems where two add-ins were using different versions of .NET and they interfered with each other (though I believe that shouldn't be a problem any more). You could selectively disable them (by unticking the checkbox on that page you were at).

    If Outlook crashes more than some small number of times when some add-in is active, it will mark that add-in as disabled: might be worth checking the disabled items list on the add-ins option page. (This might be an Office 2013 feature, not 2010 - can't remember.)

    Is the machine fully up to date with patches (Office service packs, Windows Update, etc)? Or at least at the same level as the working machine. It might be worth considering a "repair" of Office in case something's got corrupted - but that's perhaps getting a bit too desperate.

    If I recall correctly, one of the setup options for Office is whether or not to enable .NET programmability - it's enabled by default for Office 2013 but I can't remember whether or not it is for 2010. Even if it is, is there the possibility that it might have been turned off. I think you can check the status (and enable if necessary) by rerunning Office setup and going down the modify route; expand the options and see if this was enabled for Outlook.

    Again, my memory is hazy, but it might be that installing the VSTO runtime (apologies, the link on the installation page appears to be wrong - try http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=44074 until I correct it), even though it shouldn't be necessary, causes this to be enabled.

    That's all the clutching at straws that come to mind at the moment - I'll scratch my head a bit further. Do let me know how you get on.

    Tuesday, February 10, 2015 6:10 PM
  • Hey Gavin, I did everything you said, I can now get it on the ribbon of outlook, and it looks like it is working. However when I close outlook 2010 32bit down and re-open it is no longer there, I have to go back under options, add-in's, and select it again.
    Wednesday, February 11, 2015 1:44 PM
  • So, something's killing it off when Outlook exits or preventing it from running when Outlook starts - and the latter seems a more likely scenario. This is groping in the dark, but there could still be some collision with another add-in and which ends up running depends on which loads first: a drastic test would be to disable all other add-ins and see of NoReplyAll loads or not, then gradually enable other add-ins until it fails.

    It could also be the case that Outlook has decided it should be disabled, but if it's not in the disabled add-ins list that I mentioned, maybe its "load behaviour" has been changed somehow. Could you fire up regedit and have a look at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\NoReplyAllAddIn and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\NoReplyAllAddIn - the first of those is where the installer registers the add-in but the other, if it exists for some reason, may override the first one. Under that there should be Description, FriendlyName, LoadBehavior and Manifest values. Check that the last of those points to the the location of NoReplyAllAddIn.vsto (under Program Files, where the add-in installed) with a "|vstolocal" appended to the path and check that LoadBehavior is 3. (And do compare the values with what you have on a working machine.)

    Also in the registry, the add-in stores its own settings in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft Research Ltd\NoReplyAddin - again, compare them with the working machine. You could delete that key and reset the add-in to its defaults in case there's something weird there (though the add-in should be tolerant of errors here). I have to confess I'm grasping at straws here, sorry.

    A quick web search came up with http://help.lockergnome.com/office/Outlook-constantly-disabled--ftopict876175.html - it's pretty old but maybe there's something in there that'll help. There's also http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2934538/en-us

    Thursday, February 12, 2015 7:16 AM