none
Drivers?

Dotaz

• Couldn't see this in a quick search. I built a PC to serve as my Home Server. Some of the components needs drivers (Ethernet, vga, soundcard, etc.) Now I know that most of those are not needed in a server, but the ethernet driver is, because the default is 100mbps and I have a gigabit ethernet. When I look on the manufacturer's websites, I see drivers for Win 7, Vista nad XP. What am I to choose for Home server? Or perhaps a more appropriate question that I should have asked earlier in this journey of exploration, is: "Who makes components that are compatible with Windows Home Server?" THanks for all advice M
    čtvrtek 7. ledna 2010 8:16

Všechny reakce

• Windows Server 2003 drivers/compatibility would be preferred but XP drivers usually work too.

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." -- Thomas Paine
    čtvrtek 7. ledna 2010 8:50
  • In a long line of pretty useless answers and actions on these new Microsoft forums, marking this as the answer when the question is "Who makes components that are compatible with Windows Home Server?" is ridiculous.

And how the heck do I get WHS to install an XP driver? It passes right over the XP drivers on the CDs that came with the components.
    sobota 30. ledna 2010 2:12
  • There are two answers to your question, Mike. One is "Every hardware manufacturer" because you can probably install Windows Home Server on almost any current hardware. What S_M_E meant is that if there's a driver for Windows XP, you can probably use that driver for Windows Home Server.

The other answer is "almost nobody" because you won't find Windows Home Server listed as "supported" by hardware manufacturers, for the most part.

As for installing drivers, we can't lead you step by step down that path, I'm afraid. Consult the manuals you should have received with your hardware; those will usually tell you how to install any drivers.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    sobota 30. ledna 2010 4:06
    Moderátor
  • Hi Mike,

I think better to find unknown devices on your newly build server and then search the drivers based on vendor id and device id. I just hyperlink the keywords for your easy. Thank you

Muhammad Rizwan Ahmad

čtvrtek 11. října 2018 8:55