none
"Insufficient Permissions" after removing System Administrator role from original systemuser

Generel diskussion

• Hi,

This discussion is more of an error-reporting.

I was experimenting with security roles on my CRM2011Beta test system.  I was logged on as myself, having the System Administrator role.  I changed the sysadmin user (the one who also installed CRM) to have another role.  When I wanted to change the role back, I got the following error:

Insufficient Permissions
    The signed-in user does not have the appropriate security permissions to view these records or perform the specific action. Contact your organization's Microsoft Dynamics CRM administrator to review the security permissions for this user.

It seems that I have "ruined" the system administrator role, because I cannot even create an account anymore without getting the same error.

Doing a trace of the error gives me:

Crm Exception: Message: sid, ErrorCode: -2147220989, InnerException: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.

20. oktober 2010 08:44

Alle besvarelser

• Hello JohGis,

This forum relates to Microsoft Dynamics C5, which is a Microsoft Dynamics product only sold in Denmark and Iceland.
    I will suggest that you repost in the CRM 2011 Beta forum, which can be found at:

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/crm2011beta/threads

Venlig Hilsen/ Best Regards
    Henrik Hansen [MSFT]
    Program Manager II Microsoft Dynamics C5

"JohGis" wrote in message news:5bde050e-9485-409f-be47-0d2be57bf3fc...

Hi,

This discussion is more of an error-reporting.

I was experimenting with security roles on my CRM2011Beta test system.  I was logged on as myself, having the System Administrator role.  I changed the sysadmin user (the one who also installed CRM) to have another role.  When I wanted to change the role back, I got the following error:

Insufficient Permissions
    The signed-in user does not have the appropriate security permissions to view these records or perform the specific action. Contact your organization's Microsoft Dynamics CRM administrator to review the security permissions for this user.

It seems that I have "ruined" the system administrator role, because I cannot even create an account anymore without getting the same error.

Doing a trace of the error gives me:

Crm Exception: Message: sid, ErrorCode: -2147220989, InnerException: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.

Venlig Hilsen Henrik Hansen Program Manager II Microsoft Dynamics C5 ------------------------------------------------------- This post is provided 'as is' and confers no express or implied warranties or rights.
    25. oktober 2010 04:48
    Ejer