Areas that display this entity ( grayed out) ?

Frage

• Im trying to get the Goal entity to be visible in the ribbon. For some reason the checkbox for sales, and settings are not possible to click on? I am using crm 2013.

Any clue?

Dienstag, 24. Februar 2015 12:20

Antworten

• Hello,

Try to use SiteMap editor from XrmToolbox.

Dynamics CRM MVP/ Technical Evangelist at SlickData LLC
    My blog

Dienstag, 24. Februar 2015 12:46
  • Ok.here is more detailed instructions. HTH

1. The check boxes will NOT be available for you to check for Goals - System stuff, not in your control. - As explained by Andrii.

2. Download a Tool Called XrmToolbox from codeplex https://xrmtoolbox.codeplex.com/.

3. The menu items that you see on the top is driven from a XML file called sitemap.

4. Connect to your organization and load the sitemap of your organization.

5. Take a backup of sitemap, enable the sitemap to show Goal menu.

6. Publish it back to the server.

7. Refresh the page, see if the Goal menu is now appearing.

trust us, been there, done it and saw the menu :-)

Regards,

Jithesh

Donnerstag, 26. Februar 2015 10:55
  • Hello,

Now you have no need in thirdparty and you can design sitemap using inbuilt AppDesigner. You can check article here - https://community.dynamics.com/crm/b/abhinavranjandynamics365/archive/2017/08/18/using-dynamics-365-crm-app-designer-part-1-of-2

Dynamics CRM/Business Solutions MVP
    Read My blog

Mittwoch, 31. Januar 2018 01:07

Alle Antworten

• Hello,

Try to use SiteMap editor from XrmToolbox.

My blog

Dienstag, 24. Februar 2015 12:46
  • Hello,

Please note that the Goal entity is a built-in entity, you cannot change the area settings by customizing it. As suggested by Andrii you can use the "Site Map Editor".

Regards,

Joe Mouawad.

Dienstag, 24. Februar 2015 12:53
  • I'm not sure we understand each other.

Under "Settings" "Customizations" - "Customize the system" - "Entities"  - "Goal", it should be possible to click on "sales" or "settings" to get the "Goal" entity to be visible in either "Sales" or "Settings" in the ribbon. In our case none of these check boxes are checked, resulting in that the goal entity is not visible in the ribbon. And it is not possible to check these.

Why can this be?

Regards, 

Mittwoch, 25. Februar 2015 13:10
  • anyone?
    Donnerstag, 26. Februar 2015 07:35
  • Hello,

For the entities whose checkbox is disabled, the item can be made available on menu by editing the sitemap. Please follow Andrii's and Joe's Post.

Regards,

Jithesh

Donnerstag, 26. Februar 2015 07:47
  • Believe me. I work with Dynamics CRM since 2008. So 7 years already and you can move goals in SiteMap (not Ribbon!) only using XrmToolbox or other SiteMap editor. In case it is still not clear for you what to do - post a screenshot with explanation what you mean.

My blog

Donnerstag, 26. Februar 2015 07:50
  • thanks for beeing patient with me. I have now uploaded a pic. it is impossible to check either Sales og setting in (1), resulting in that the Goal entity is not visible in the ribbon (2). Does this make things clearer?

Areas that display this entity greyed out

• Bearbeitet crmnooob Donnerstag, 26. Februar 2015 10:43
    Donnerstag, 26. Februar 2015 10:43
  • Ok.here is more detailed instructions. HTH

1. The check boxes will NOT be available for you to check for Goals - System stuff, not in your control. - As explained by Andrii.

2. Download a Tool Called XrmToolbox from codeplex https://xrmtoolbox.codeplex.com/.

3. The menu items that you see on the top is driven from a XML file called sitemap.

4. Connect to your organization and load the sitemap of your organization.

5. Take a backup of sitemap, enable the sitemap to show Goal menu.

6. Publish it back to the server.

7. Refresh the page, see if the Goal menu is now appearing.

trust us, been there, done it and saw the menu :-)

Regards,

Jithesh

Donnerstag, 26. Februar 2015 10:55
  • Hello,

I realize this was a couple of years ago but I just ran into the same situation with the Lead entity.  I understand that a 3rd party tool is needed to change these settings, although it doesn't make sense to me.  Knowing that these CAN be changed using this tool, the question remains (at least to me), why would one need to use a 3rd party tool to enable users to view and use a built in entity???

Mittwoch, 31. Januar 2018 00:50
  • Hello,

Now you have no need in thirdparty and you can design sitemap using inbuilt AppDesigner. You can check article here - https://community.dynamics.com/crm/b/abhinavranjandynamics365/archive/2017/08/18/using-dynamics-365-crm-app-designer-part-1-of-2

Dynamics CRM/Business Solutions MVP
    Read My blog

Mittwoch, 31. Januar 2018 01:07