locked
"HTTP Error 401. The requested resource requires user authentication" error is seen while accessing the vanilla instance of MS CRM 2011

    Frage

  • Hello,

    We have installed CRM 2011 in a server and when trying to access vanilla instance, it is throwing an error message "HTTP Error 401. The requested resource requires user authentication" and couldn't access the application.

    However, we imported a new organization from a backup file. When tried to access this instance, we found the same problem but when changing the url of this instance to local host we could access CRM.

    What might be the cause for this issue? 

    Thanks & Regards,

    Srinivas K

    Mittwoch, 20. Februar 2013 08:36

Alle Antworten

  • Hi Srinivas,

         Please look at following KB. This might help resolve the issue.

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917818


    Hope this helps.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

    Minal Dahiya
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"


    Mittwoch, 20. Februar 2013 11:00
  • Hi Srinivas,,

    Please go through with the following link so it may be solve ur issue

                  https://community.dynamics.com/product/crm/f/117/p/82408/153907.aspx

                  http://www.usenetmessages.com/view.php?c=microsoft&g=75&id=44489&p=0

                  http://community.dynamics.com/product/crm/f/117/t/84185.aspx


    Prudveen D

    • Als Antwort vorgeschlagen Prudween Donnerstag, 21. Februar 2013 09:07
    Mittwoch, 20. Februar 2013 11:47
  • Can you open your Deployment Manager and try browsing to the site from the Org in the Deployment Manager.  Also, check the Org properties in the Deployment Manager to ensure they are set correctly.  Let us know the result.

    Regards, Donna


    Mittwoch, 27. Februar 2013 13:16
    Besitzer
  • This is a dated question, but I've come across this issue in Dynamics CRM 2016. After adding the SPNs for the CRM App user, you also need to do the following in IIS:

    - Open IIS

    - Navigate to the Microsoft Dynamics CRM website

    - In the "Management" section, open "Configuration Editor"

    - Go to the following setting: system.webServer --> security --> authentication --> windowsAuthentication

    - Change "useAppPoolCredentials" from "False" to "True"

    - Click "Apply" on the right-hand side

    - Do an "iisreset" on the server

    Hope that helps!

    Mitch

    • Als Antwort vorgeschlagen Devosys Inc Samstag, 12. März 2016 13:27
    • Bearbeitet Devosys Inc Samstag, 12. März 2016 13:29 Missed last steps
    Samstag, 12. März 2016 13:27
  • Worked like charm, you saved my day.
    Mittwoch, 7. Februar 2018 15:01