none
Using managed service accounts to connect to HPC Cluster

Frage

• I am attempting to issue HPC SOA jobs through a managed service account which is defined in the domain that the HPC cluster is using. When I attempt to connect to the HPC Cluster (2016 update 1), the session gets stuck at the Configuring step when viewing it through the SOA Jobs view from Job Management. I have added the account to a security group which has privileges to interract with the HPC Cluster

So, is it possible to use Managed Service Accounts to issue SOA jobs/requests? Or is that not an allowed thing to do?

Freitag, 22. Juni 2018 22:01

Alle Antworten

• Hi, we haven't tested Managed Service Account thus we don't know whether it worked or not. But we would like to take a check with you.

First, this managed service account is used for Job owner or Runas User? Or it is used both?

If it is used for job owner, I suppose it shall work as long as you are able to submit a normal job, thus you could try use this account to submit a job (With a different runas credential)

If you are using this account for runas user, you need to check whether this account has local interactive log on permission. 

So the first thing you could try is to using this managed account to submit a normal batch job, to see whether it works or not, then try SOA job.

Qiufang Shi

Montag, 25. Juni 2018 02:44
  • The managed service account is running as both the Job Owner and the Runas User. When I attempted to use the managed service account to run a batch job, the authentication never succeeded, so I am going to assume that managed service accounts are not viable at the moment
    Dienstag, 26. Juni 2018 17:34