none
Retrieving output files from compute node after job completion

Question

• I created a job and just entered "hostname" as the command in task page and specified C:\output.txt and C:\error.txt as stdout and stderr, respectively. I also set compute01 for running the job.

After submitting the job, I see that the job finishes and the activity log says the job has been run on compute01. As I remote desktop to compute01, I see that C:\output.txt contains COMPUTE01. That means the job was fine.

Problem is that, the user wants to see the output files while he is on HEADNODE. How can I tell the cluster manager to retrieve the output files upon termination?

Friday, 27 April 2018 6:30 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If the user didn't specify any output file, the last 5K output will be automatically showed on the cluster manager.

If the user specified output for the task, he should specify an UNC path such as \\myShareServer\share\myoutput.txt, then he should be able to click this output file on the cluster manager.

Since a fix from below QFE: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=54772 user could have below capability, and it shall apply to windows compute node:

- When a task is executed on a Linux node, the user usually can’t open the working directory. Now within the job management UI you can substitute the mount point by specifying the job custom properties linuxMountPoint and windowsMountPoint so that the user can access the folder as well. For example, you can create a job with the following settings:
          Custom Property: linuxMountPoint = /gpfs/Production
          Custom Property: windowsMountPoint = Z:\Production
          Task Working Directory: /gpfs/Production/myjob
    Then when you view the job from GUI, the working directory value in the Job dialog > View Tasks page > Details tab will be z:\production\myjob. And if you previously mounted the /gpfs to your local Z: drive, you will be able to view the job output file.
    - Set subscribed information for node - The Administrator can set node subscribed cores or sockets from the GUI. Select offline nodes and perform the Edit Properties action;

Qiufang Shi

Monday, 30 April 2018 4:28 PM