Entity - Project

Type - Text

Custom Attribute - Single Line of Text

Department - (Empty)

Values to Display - Data

Behavior - None selected

Require that this feild has infomation - No

There are currently no workflows setup.

The PM allocated can edit these with in MS Project and then publish (although two Grapical Indicators seem to be blank after each time) but can not edit using the Project Web Online / Project Details page. 

I have checked that the PM in question is within the right access groups and that the PM access group has edit access (this person is also in the PMO admin group). 

Currently we are in the Sharepoint security setup which seems to be the best way how ever I am aware there is more ganular configuation possible if it was changed to PWA mode.

Any thoughts on where else I could look to resolve the access issue for PMs to edit the Custom Feilds ?

Thanks

Terran

Monday, 13 January 2020 1:51 PM

Answers

• Hi - it is all feilds when using the web interface.

That said after some digging around and testing it appears that this user did not have a dept assigned to her in the resource record.

This record has not been changed so I assume there has been an app change which now required it.

The odd thing was that operning the project in MSP was still possible and the custom feilds could still be edited within Project Info (and published) even though they could not on the web.

We still have an issue where by the AD account can not be assigned (which we found) today which is affecting this one user only but the main problem is resolved.

Many thanks for your response.

T

• Marked as answer by ccsnet Wednesday, 15 January 2020 11:27 AM
    • Edited by ccsnet Wednesday, 15 January 2020 11:56 AM
    Wednesday, 15 January 2020 11:26 AM

All replies

• Hello,

So it is all project level fields the PM cant edit in the web or just this "PM Commentary" field and they can edit other Project level fields in PWA for this project without any issues? 

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Tuesday, 14 January 2020 8:55 PM
  • Hi - it is all feilds when using the web interface.

That said after some digging around and testing it appears that this user did not have a dept assigned to her in the resource record.

This record has not been changed so I assume there has been an app change which now required it.

The odd thing was that operning the project in MSP was still possible and the custom feilds could still be edited within Project Info (and published) even though they could not on the web.

We still have an issue where by the AD account can not be assigned (which we found) today which is affecting this one user only but the main problem is resolved.

Many thanks for your response.

T

• Marked as answer by ccsnet Wednesday, 15 January 2020 11:27 AM
    • Edited by ccsnet Wednesday, 15 January 2020 11:56 AM
    Wednesday, 15 January 2020 11:26 AM