none
Cannot create new Record - EntityState must be set to null, Created (for Create message) or Changed (for Update message)

Question

• Hi Guys

I am trying to use linq to perform CRUD actions against CRM 2011, all retrieves are working great but I am having some issues creating new records. I can successfully create new ACCOUNT & OPPORTUNITY records but I am unable to create a CustomerAddress or Contact record, example code can be seen below:

The Exception is: "EntityState must be set to null, Created (for Create message) or Changed (for Update message)"

Before you ask, yes I have tried setting entity.EntityState = null and entity.EntityState = EntityState.Created

CustomerAddress newAddress = new CustomerAddress()

{

Name =

"Test Add",

Line1 =

"Test Line 1",

ParentId =

new Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.EntityReference(Contact.EntityLogicalName, parentRecordId),

Id =

Guid.NewGuid()

};

Any Help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks  

Monday, 21 February 2011 7:20 PM

Answers

• I think you've misunderstood the purpose of Linq to CRM.  It's only meant to retrieve data, not create/update/delete.  Ultimately it just maps to a queryexpression.  Unless there was a major change in direction with the 2011 linq support (which I haven't seen any mention of anywhere) then compliance rules of CRM still forbid direct data layer updates (even through linq).

Send your C_UD through the CRM SDK.

Wednesday, 23 February 2011 1:10 AM