none
HPC cluster throwing an exception

Question

• My HPC cluster keeps throwing an exception sometimes. This can happen at any stage during the execution, or at the start. It doesn't happen many times. All the diagnostics are ok.

Monday, 7 May 2018 12:24 PM

All replies

• I am sending my Excel file to your email address Microsoft HPC team. After spending months, I haven't been able to get this HPC pack to work for me, either because of exceptions like this, or because of slow performance. One of your teams had advised earlier to do so. I am left with no alternative - I request you to please look at my spreadsheet and let me know how I can use HPC Pack to reduce my run time. Many thanks.
    • Edited by KMLN Monday, 7 May 2018 8:53 PM typo
    Monday, 7 May 2018 8:52 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for contacting us.

May I ask which version of HPC Pack you are using. And if it is possible, can you share us a smallest code sample which can repro your issue?

Thanks,
    Zihao

Tuesday, 8 May 2018 1:59 AM
  • Hi - I am using HPC Pack 2012 R2, Update 3. If it helps, I am running the macro on Windows Server 2012 R2.

I am not sure how to reproduce this issue, because this happens randomly. Sometimes the macro runs without any issue, but other times it throws this exception. More and more now, it is throwing this exception.

I have sent you my spreadsheet in full. If you can try to run it on your HPC cluster, that would be great. And then let me know the config and specs your HPC server.

Many thanks.

Saturday, 12 May 2018 11:35 PM
  • thank you all for giving me this useful information

<a href="http://nortonsetupcom.org">nortonsetupcom</a>

Sunday, 13 May 2018 5:22 AM
  • Hi,

Seems you are sharing the spreadsheet to hpcpack@microsoft.com. While this is a discussion group alias and we are not able to login which this alias.

Could you send us your spreadsheet with some other way like dropbox, and send the sharing url to hpcpack@ instead?

Also the full spreadsheet can be less useful. If it is possible, could you help us to reduce the code in it to help us find the root cause?

Thanks,
    Zihao

Monday, 14 May 2018 1:41 AM
  • Hi, just wanted to let you know that I have sent the link to my workbook to your email address. I am really looking forward to hear from your team.
    Tuesday, 15 May 2018 11:58 AM
  • Hi,

Is the file you shared "For Microsoft HPC Team.xlsb"?

It seems we do not have the permission to open this file.

Thanks,
    Zihao

Wednesday, 16 May 2018 1:48 AM
  • Hi, I have removed the permission restrictions and you should be able to open the file now without any issues. Regarding the code, it is just the HPC Excel macros that are creating trouble. As I said, I really don't know what causes the macro to not work sometimes, while other times it works absolutely fine. I can run the spreadsheet on local machine without any issues.

I am really hoping you will be able to fix the issue with HPC. If you need any more info, please let me know.

Many thanks

Thursday, 17 May 2018 7:15 PM
  • Hi Zihao

Did you get a chance to look at my spreadsheet, or you still unable to access it?

Monday, 21 May 2018 11:27 AM
  • Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. I was in vacation and just get back to office.

From the same link you shared before I got the new spreadsheet. But this time it asks me account to access //numericahpc.sharepoint.com/sites/NumexBeta/LavaMobiles/Models/.

May I ask will you encounter same issue if you are using our example xlsb? (like ConvertiblePricing_Complete.xlsb)

Thanks,
    Zihao

Tuesday, 22 May 2018 1:26 AM