none
Unhandled exception when closing the HPC Cluster Manager

Question

• Hi all,

Every time I close the HPC Cluster Manager I get the following error message:

Unhandled exception - A task was cancelled

I have had a look in the log files, and this appears to be the related log entry:

08/02/2018    09:59:23.493    e    HpcTrace    26604    24996    Current Application Domain UnhandledException event invoked: System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled...   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)..   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)..   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Wait(TimeSpan timeout)..   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherOperation operation, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)..   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)..   at MS.Internal.WeakEventTable.OnShutDown()..   at MS.Internal.ShutDownListener.HandleShutDown(Object sender, EventArgs e) 

None of my tasks have been cancelled, and I cannot find any other signs that anything has 'stopped'. I am running HPC Pack 2016 (5.1.6086.0) on Windows Server 2016 Standard.

If anyone can offer me a solution to this that'd be great, many thanks!

Thursday, 2 August 2018 10:29 AM

Answers

• Hi, this is known issue that's caused by a .net related security update that's related to WPF. And this won't impact any of the HPC Cluster service or jobs. 

We already have a fix for this issue but will only be shipped with other fixes in our next QFE (For HPC Pack 2016 Update 1 and HPC Pack 2012 R2 Update 3)

Thus at this moment, you could just safely ignore this error dialog

Qiufang Shi

Friday, 3 August 2018 3:13 AM