Delete mailbox in Exchange 2003 RRS feed

• Question

•  

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I want to delete user account with mailbox together. When I open AD Users and Computers --> right user account -->

click delete, I got the message :

"Are you sure you want to delete this object?"

"The selected object has other associcated object. Select those associated object that you also want to delete."

"Mark each selected Exchange mailbox for deleteion" This option click choose by default.

And show "Yes" and "No" button for my chose.

I need to click "Yes" or "No"? And can you ask me the detail in next step? Thanks a lot...

Edmond.

Thursday, 29 May 2008 8:46 AM

Answers

•  

Hello, you've actually listed the detailed steps yourself  except that you need to click the Yes when it ask whether you want to delete the object.

Please also note that the mailbox does not delete immediately from your Exchange, it will be 'mark as delete' and it depends on your rentention policy set on Exchange server before the mailbox really gets deleted. If i remember correctly, the default retention policy should be 30 days... you can check that up by using System Manager, goto First Storage Group, property your Mailbox Store and the retention policy should be listed there.

Howard.

Thursday, 29 May 2008 9:22 AM