none
HA setup network shares

Question

• the one thing the doc does not cover is the HA setup for net shares where to put them and permissions needed

I was thinking of just allowing the shares to be on the first head node. so if I do that how easy is it to change to a <g class="gr_ gr_179 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling" data-gr-id="179" id="179">dfs</g>

how much space do you think it would need 

Darren

Wednesday, 10 October 2018 1:09 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You can set the permissions as below:

Diagnostics share:

Full Control permission for HPC cluster administrators(including head node machine accounts)

RuntimeData Share:

1. ACLs for the root folder: full control for HPC cluster administrators(including head node machine accounts), and list permission for everyone

2. Share Permission: Full control for everyone

Other shares:

Full control permission for HPC cluster administrators(including head node machine accounts), and Read permission for everyone

• Marked as answer by DCSpooner 12 hours 37 minutes ago
    Thursday, 11 October 2018 9:13 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can set the permissions as below:

Diagnostics share:

Full Control permission for HPC cluster administrators(including head node machine accounts)

RuntimeData Share:

1. ACLs for the root folder: full control for HPC cluster administrators(including head node machine accounts), and list permission for everyone

2. Share Permission: Full control for everyone

Other shares:

Full control permission for HPC cluster administrators(including head node machine accounts), and Read permission for everyone

• Marked as answer by DCSpooner 12 hours 37 minutes ago
    Thursday, 11 October 2018 9:13 AM
  • What AD group do i need to create? do i need to create all local gropus that get created on the local server in AD? I was thinking of doing that.
    Friday, 12 October 2018 1:41 PM
  • What AD group do i need to create? do i need to create all local gropus that get created on the local server in AD? I was thinking of doing that.

You can create an AD group for HPC cluster administrators, so that you don't need to re-configure the permissions for net shares when you add/remove a cluster administrator.

3 hours 42 minutes ago