none
Authenticating Users with ASP.NET Core Identity schema Without ASP.NET Core Identity Library RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have ASP.NET Core application which is authenticating users using ASP.NET Core Identity Library and using ASP.NET Core Identity schema in the database. Now we have developed WPF windows application that also needs to log-in using the same database. Can we login user without using ASP.NET Core Identity libraries in WPF app or is ASP.NET Core Identity is required to operate on the same database?

Please note we cannot introduce a web service in the middle as WPF is a smart client application and can operate in offline mode. It only has access to the local copy of the database in SQL express (in offline mode).

I will appreciate your help.

Please advise. 

Syed Hassan Abbas

Saturday, June 9, 2018 7:06 PM

All replies

• I think asp.net core can probably be hosted by a http server in your WPF process. better ask at https://forums.asp.net/1255.aspx/1?ASP+NET+Core as this forum is for the .Net BCL (System.Text, System.Globalization etc). 

Visual C++ MVP

Saturday, June 9, 2018 9:22 PM
  • Hi hasanboby,

Since your question is more related to ASP.NET Core, you could post a new thread in ASP.NET Core forum for suitable support.

The CLR Forum discuss and ask questions about .NET Framework Base Classes (BCL) such as Collections, I/O, Regigistry, Globalization, Reflection. Also discuss all the other Microsoft libraries that are built on or extend the .NET Framework, including Managed Extensibility Framework (MEF), Charting Controls, CardSpace, Windows Identity Foundation (WIF), Point of Sale (POS), Transactions.

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 11, 2018 9:00 AM
  • Thanks for the direction. I will send it there.

Syed Hassan Abbas

Monday, June 11, 2018 11:22 AM
  • Thanks, I will go to the other place.

Syed Hassan Abbas

Monday, June 11, 2018 11:22 AM