Vista Home Premium installation problems!! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi people,

I have successfully installed Live Mesh on my XP Professional PC, however I've come to add my Vista Home Premium Laptop and after installation when it attempts to start up Live Mesh, it just hangs!!
    It then comes up with a message in the notifier bubble saying "Failed to start Live Mesh, click here to restart".
    However the restart option just keeps sending me round in a vicious circle.

I have uninstalled Live Mesh and tried again, but to no joy.

Please help.

:o)
    Friday, October 3, 2008 1:45 PM

Answers

• Hi Kelly,

I have the logs (thank you!).  I'm glad that it started working for you.  In looking at your logs I can see what the problem was initially (it's a known issue that we're working to resolve) - and I can see when things started working.  I'm going to add your logs to the active bug we have on this: since the problem went away for you, and your logs show this, they may be extra helpful to us - so thank you again for sending them :)

Happy meshing!

Ben.
    Friday, October 3, 2008 4:11 PM

All replies

• Hi Kelly,

Would you mind collecting your Live Mesh logs for me (Start Menu > All Programs > Live Mesh > Collect Live Mesh Logs, which will generate a .cab file on your desktop), and sending them to lmprev@microsoft.com?  Please mention my name in the Subject line of the email.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Friday, October 3, 2008 3:32 PM
  • Hi Ben,

Thanks for your reply.

I was one step ahead of you, and generated a .cab file. I sent it to Imprev@microsoft.com but received a mail failure notice. I double checked the email address and everything seemed correct, so still a bit puzzled on that!

Regarding the original problem, I was trying to install Live Mesh on my laptop whilst I was at work, it was failing to start. I have since brought the laptop home and everything seems to be hunky dory! Not sure why this could be?

I will collect a fresh set of logs and forward them onto you anyway, in case you too are intrigued as to the initial problem.

:o)

Friday, October 3, 2008 3:45 PM
  • Hi Kelly,

I have the logs (thank you!).  I'm glad that it started working for you.  In looking at your logs I can see what the problem was initially (it's a known issue that we're working to resolve) - and I can see when things started working.  I'm going to add your logs to the active bug we have on this: since the problem went away for you, and your logs show this, they may be extra helpful to us - so thank you again for sending them :)

Happy meshing!

Ben.
    Friday, October 3, 2008 4:11 PM