web conferencing validation fails - unable to use live meeting externally RRS feed

• Question

•  

hi,

i have a edge server with Consolidated Edge Topology, with only the acess and web conferencing roles activated . I am able to use communicator from outside. howevere when i try to use the live meeting client it  fails.

I ran the web conferencing validation test on my standard server and it fails with following messsage:

DNS Resolution succeeded: 192.168.0.4 62.28.13.148
    TLS connect succeeded: 192.168.0.4:8057
    TLS connect failed: 62.28.13.148:8057 Error Code: 0x0 A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
    Suggested Resolution: Make sure that the server is listening on the specified IP address/Port/Transport. If you have a firewall make sure that this port is open. Make sure that the server is running. If this is an Edge Server, ensure that remote user access has been enabled. This can be ignored if you have not enabled the transport on the target server.

i able to telnet from the standrd server to the edge server to this port 8057, but I believe this is an internal port. And i am sure i read in the edge deployment guide that outside clients connect on port 443. also both roles have trusted certificcates from godaddy

I am really puzzled, since the web conferencing is not in this ip adress in fact it is in 62.28.13.149. Also the internal and external interfaces of the edge server are are in different nics, per Jeff´s recomendation.

Many thanks.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 2:18 AM