Workflow UpdateStep Issue RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have a workflow on Opportunity Create. In this workflow i am updating the same opportunity. 

I am getting error on the Update step and here are the error details:

Plugin Trace:

[Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Workflow: Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Workflow.Activities.UpdateEntity]
    [UpdateStep11]

Error Message:

Unhandled Exception: Microsoft.Crm.CrmException: User does not have the privilege to act on behalf another user.
       at Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.SecurityLibrary.VerifyUser(Guid user, ExecutionContext context)
       at Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.ExecutionContext.SetCaller(Guid callerId, Boolean setCallerLanguage, Boolean verifyUser)
       at Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.ExecutionContext.OnBeginRequest(Guid userId, Boolean startTransaction, IsolationLevel isolationLevel, ExecutionOperationContext operationContext, CallerOriginToken originToken)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Workflow.WorkflowTransactionContext.OnBeginRequest()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Workflow.Services.ActivityServiceBase.ExecuteInTransactedContext(ActivityDelegate activityDelegate)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Workflow.Services.UpdateActivityService.UpdateInternal(Entity entity, String stepId)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Workflow.Services.UpdateActivityService.ExecuteInternal(ActivityContext executionContext, UpdateEntity updateEntity)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Workflow.Services.UpdateActivityService.Execute(ActivityContext executionContext, UpdateEntity updateEntity)
       at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
       at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

Monday, August 4, 2014 9:11 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you check the "Act on Behalf of Another User" privilege of the user's security role ?

Thanks and Regards. Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Monday, August 4, 2014 11:37 AM
  • I tried with system administrator and it still fails
    Monday, August 4, 2014 11:42 AM
  • I have the same problem,I tried many solution found in google but still not working 
    Wednesday, August 27, 2014 2:55 PM