none
Several issues with the new version RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

first sorry if I make mistakes but I am not so english fluent than most of you :)

I am a french MVP moderator on technet (france) and here are my issues about that new version : 

1. It seems that my "Total threads" are less than before the migration (actually I have 320 listed threads but if I remember well, I was around 500-600 posts).

2. Two weeks ago, I changed my nickname from "bigstyle" to "Freddy Elmaleh" (and my signature) but those changes have been lost.

3. This is just my opinion but the "post marked as answer" are unfortunately less visible than before. 

4. It seems that "Code block" have not been migrated : http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/fr-FR/1125/thread/af78f75b-8bfb-4ffc-8291-67501dac7bb6 (post #2)

5. Some accentuated characteres have not been migrated in some case  http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/fr-FR/1125/thread/af78f75b-8bfb-4ffc-8291-67501dac7bb6 (see the title of this topic)

6. The redirection of the old URLs will be available during several weeks or do I need to update my favorite asap ? :D

7. The "migrated forum" is temporarly ? (I speak about that: Microsoft TechNet > Forums - Accueil  > Migrated Forums > Windows XP – Administration >)

8. The signature are not visible on old posts (posts before migration). (In the new ones(after migration), it's OK).

9.  The "cariage returns" are not working on signatures and in "MyProfile/ About Me (to share) section.

10.  RSS feeds are not working anymore. We need to configure the new RSS feeds URLs to let it work again.

11. As an MVP Moderator, I actually dont have the possibilité to moderate (lock, rename etc... any post)

12. A very bad news for me but it seems that it is no more possible to create a request for "unanswered posts" for the global forum (and not a particular session).

13. Actually we can only add an RSS feed for a specific section but not for every new post (like it was possible before).

This is just after few minutes passed on the new version of the forum so I think I would have others little issues ;-)

I hope this will help to improve this nice forum!

Regards

Freddy ELMALEH aka "bigstyle"- Consultant Freelance pour Active IT MVP Windows Server - Directory Services (2007-2008-2009) MCITP Enterprise Administrator (2008) - MCSE 2000/2003 Security - MCSA Messaging 2000/2003 Bibliographie : "Sécurité Windows Vista - Le Guide Complet". et "Informatisez votre TPE".
    Monday, February 2, 2009 12:18 PM

Answers

All replies

• Most of the issues you raise have been the topic of other threads in this forum.  Browse a bit to see the status quo and the workarounds.
    Hans Passant.
    Monday, February 2, 2009 2:44 PM
  • Most of the issues you raise have been the topic of other threads in this forum.  Browse a bit to see the status quo and the workarounds.
    Hans Passant.
    Monday, February 2, 2009 2:45 PM
  • Well, that would be another bug.  It also showed up in My Threads today for no apparent reason.
    Hans Passant.
    Thursday, February 5, 2009 11:08 AM