locked
WMI Issues - Web Components Server RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi There

    What started out as the common "Cannot download address book" issue, seems to be something much bigger on my OCS 2007 R2 server. I am in the process of a side-by-side migration from 2007 RTM to R2. All was hunky-dory on the new R2 server for a few days until the address book issue popped up. After much digging on the net and searching this forum and testing various components etc., it seems I have some WMI issues on my R2 Server. I have the following errors:

    Validate Web Components Server Functionality:
    Fails Immediately with this error:
    Execute Action    Error: Invalid class
      Failure
    [0x80131501]
    Initialize   Machine FQDN: ocsr2server.domain.com
    WMI Repository Path: \\.\root\cimv2
      Success

    Running a debug session from the OCS R2 Admin Console on the following components:

    ABServer & ABServerHttpHandler

    I get the following error on ABServerHttpHandler

    TL_ERROR(TF_COMPONENT) [4]0BD8.1480::07/01/2009-09:25:35.068.00000004 (ABServerHttpHandler,AbsHttpHandler.ProcessRequest:abserverhttphandler.cs(177))( 00000000037A9C05 )Unable to retrieve settings from WMI. Return 503 response.

    I have tried the following tests:

    • Default Website SSL cert is functional and the cert chain is fine.
    • /abs/int/* and /abs/ext/* subfolders are accessable via a browser. No warnings or login prompts.
    • Disabling IE's cert revokation and cert publisher option makes no difference.
    • Validate Front-end server comes back with no warnings/errors.
    • Re-installing the Web Components Server completes successfully with no warnings/errors in the log.
    • Running winmgmt.exe /verifyrepository and /resyncperf reports no errors.
    • Re-installing .net 3.5 does completes successfully with no errors.

    I still have my OCS 2007 RTM server with 90% users in the pool with no issues. The other 10% are on the new R2 server for testing and are all having this address book issue. They are a mix of XP/Vista/Win7 RC1 with IE 6/7/8 using the R2 MOC client. What I found strange was that if the R2 users connected to CWA they had no address book issues. Yes, I installed CWA on the same server but this was for testing but this issue occurred before and after the installation and removal of CWA.

    This is my software config for the OCS R2 Deployment.

    • Windows Server 2008 Ent x64 SP1
    • OCS 2007 Std. R2 with all updates (installed today)
    • .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 with KB953595/KB958484/KB963707

    Any help would be much appreciated.

    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 10:38 AM

All replies

  • Update:

    Okay, after a few days I see no responses to my above post so I'll update with what I've done on my side.

    Deprovisioned the server from AD, removed roles, uninstalled software from the machine.
    Formatted and re-installed with Server 2008, this time with no Service Packs or updates.
    Began installation of OCS 2007 R2 and it failed again, but this time on Application Sharing server. MSI refused to install.
    Gave up.

    Formatted again.
    Installing SP2 and all pre-req. software for OCS prior to begining the OCS R2 installation.
    This time I am leaving UAC "on" and will run with elevated priviledges.

    Will update...
    Thursday, July 9, 2009 1:06 PM