MS CRM 4.0 - Looking to copy data associated with Lead to be available when converted from the account screen RRS feed

• Question

• I currently have a custom entity attached to the Lead screen as a N:1 relationship. The screen is tracking the Lead's current systems (i.e. Databases, Software, etc...). I am trying to be able to see the current systems data that was associated with that Lead in the Account screen from the same or different custom entity screen after the Lead has been converted to an Account.

I have looked at the use of a workflow but cannot get the correct connection. I am also open to the use of a stored procedure to move/copy the data. Looking for any suggestions as to how to accomplish this.
    Monday, February 22, 2010 8:51 PM

Answers

All replies

• One challenge is there isn't any way to intercept the Convert Lead function without writing custom code. The other issue is that while you can back track from the converted records to the source lead, the path will run dry from there.

So the only solution is either a custom aspx page in an iframe or a plugin that will 'copy' the parenting from the lead to the account that fires on the new account creation.

Jerry http://www.crminnovation.com
    Monday, February 22, 2010 11:43 PM
  • Hi.

Check this article . It describes how to copy annotations from source lead to contact when lead is converted to contact. Using provided code you can develop your own plugin to intercept creation of contact and copy required records to contact from source lead.

Truth is opened the prepared mind

My blog (english)
    Мой блог (русскоязычный) free counters Locations of visitors to this page
    Tuesday, February 23, 2010 7:06 AM