Unable to add phone to mesh RRS feed

• Question

• i just received a replacement moto q9c and am having trouble getting it to add to my mesh. i keep getting a setup failed when it goes to get the phone identifier. Its a verizon q9c with 6.1. My last phone had no problems and i just used it before activating the new on.e
    Wednesday, March 18, 2009 9:24 PM

Answers

• It may be a temporary issue or it may be a profile issue/network problem.
    I suggest that you see the post at the top of this forum: Collecting Live Mesh for Mobile Logs (can't link to announcements) to collect logs from the device and submit a bug report via Connect.
    The logs should allow the team to identify the possible reason for this problem.
    How many attempts did you make to get it set up? Did you install any other 3rd party software on the device before installing Live Mesh? Are you using the installer from the web download or are you using a previously saved cab file? Have you done a soft reset between attempts to get it set up?
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Thursday, March 19, 2009 12:18 PM

All replies

• It may be a temporary issue or it may be a profile issue/network problem.
    I suggest that you see the post at the top of this forum: Collecting Live Mesh for Mobile Logs (can't link to announcements) to collect logs from the device and submit a bug report via Connect.
    The logs should allow the team to identify the possible reason for this problem.
    How many attempts did you make to get it set up? Did you install any other 3rd party software on the device before installing Live Mesh? Are you using the installer from the web download or are you using a previously saved cab file? Have you done a soft reset between attempts to get it set up?
    -steve
    Thursday, March 19, 2009 12:18 PM
  • Hi,

We had a number of people hit a similar sounding problem a while back.  You may want to read through this thread.  Please do submit a bug, too, though - that will help us keep track of the issue (new or old).

Thanks,

Ben.
    Thursday, March 19, 2009 3:32 PM
  • it actually worked 5 minutes after i posted that....then my internet conked on the laptop...LOL. Thanks tho
    Friday, March 20, 2009 6:47 PM
  • Thanks for confirming that it was a temporary issue for you. Thanks also for trying out Live Mesh.
    -steve
    Saturday, March 21, 2009 12:19 AM