Reporting on Phone Calls RRS feed

• Question

• Alright, I have to be missing something here. When I do advanced find or when I try to create a report there is no option to add the recipient or to fields to the reports. Now typically this might be the "regarding" field. But if you are creating call campaigns and then using campaign activities to generate phone call activities I want to run reports off completed phone calls and see who the recipient/to person was from that phone call.

What am I missing here, or what can I do to capture that information in the reports? It also seems to not be an option when running a report off of campaign responses. The "existing customer" look up field is also absent from the list of options to select when you want to pick the fields to include in a report.

Please help! Thanks.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 4:15 PM

All replies

• The To and From fields are special "Party" fields that can support multiple records. To find them in an advanced find you would need to do something like this:

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 11:02 PM
  • Hello Jason, I hadn't noticed that before thank you. However, when using advanced find it seems now the Regarding (notes) is missing? My end goal here is to be able to see calls where made on a campaign and read the notes associated with that call describing why the client is or isn't going to attend a seminar we are putting on. So it seems if I go through Reports I can't include the field that actually tells me who I called (seems odd), and if I use advanced find I can't include the notes (description field). Is there anyway to achieve my goal?

Thank you for your help.

Thursday, January 23, 2014 3:10 PM
  • I figured out that in the related entity option you can add Activity Party and then you can add "Party" to the report. However it doesn't appear that you can filter further to only the "party" that contains data, or "party" that references accounts. When you run the report you get 3 lines for every campaign response. One line contains the account and the other 2 are blank, even if you say party "contains data". I'm assuming its giving me three lines for 1 campaign response because the activity party can accept leads, accounts or contacts... but there doesn't seem to be a way to filter it down to show only accounts or only contains data. Apparently the system thinks those other spots contain data... I've ever tried activity party, regarding account, account name contains data and it returns the same results. Below is a snapshot of the report. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks for the help!

• Edited by Mich_Ridge Thursday, January 30, 2014 3:50 PM
    Thursday, January 30, 2014 3:49 PM